1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Target Hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grunt, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Looking for a reloading recipe for this Winchester paper hull. Thanks

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Pretty straightforward, actually. The only wad that will work is the WIN12Red (no longer made), but Claybuster makes the 3118 clone.

Use your fave 1-1/8oz powder & primer, but bump powder up ½gn 'for the hull'.

Grafs has the CB-3118, for one.

GS

3. powderburn

powderburn Member

FYI
    It's a good idea to take your pinky finger and push down the paper base wad that is down in the bottom of the hull. It is a loose piece of wadding that is pressure fit into the base. These can creep up after being shot. The powder has a little bit of a depression to fall into after you drop it. This is in front of the primer flash hole, so I would always flip the hull with my finger nail to "settle" the powder down into it. Super Targets are GREAT hulls and shoot softer than anything I've ever loaded. Like stated in another thread, bump up your powder drop a 1/2 grain, and you'll grind 'em up. Good shooting to you!
    -powderburn

4. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Grunt, As said, the winchester paper super target is a great hull. Soft shooting and seems to last a couple more reloads than the Federal paper. I wish I could get a truck load of them. Hopefully someone with some older reloading books can chime in here with the reloading recipes. I remember the reloading books having about 1/2 grain more of red dot for these hulls. Todd

5. grunt

6. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Lyman first edition shotshell handbook,pg 110.

winchester, and western paper low brass case, 23grs. greendot, win 209 primer,win#waa12r wad, 1 1/8 oz shot, 6900 LUP (before the days of psi pressures), 1180 FPS.

Hope this helps, it's the only load I found that all the components were still available for.

Tom R.

7. grunt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.