1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Senior Vets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapshooter90, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshooter90

trapshooter90 TS Member

September 8, 2007

Super Senior Vets

I see in Sept. T/F that Florida is starting a new category for Senior vets 75 and older. It is about time some club is getting this started. A lot of these shooters have shot at a lot of targets over the years, I, myself over 275000. I think two Lewis class 60/40 would also be good. I thank the F.T.A. and Tom White for working on this new category.

I also see in the Aug. T/F our A.T.A. President, Neil Winston will be presenting in the near future, some additional dialog pertaining to this program application. I hope Mr. Winston and the Executive Committee can come together on this issue.

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

PITA already has the Elder Class for shooters who are over 75.

3. old tex

old tex TS Member

Good idea, then I won't have to compete with kids like Mushy or Possum!

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Is it really going to change anything?? If so watch out for all the older All Americans coming.

Don

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Jerry I hope it works but I don't see universal acceptance. Are they doing it for all events or just the championship events?

Don

6. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Skeet has been doing this for some time, but then again maybe over doing it.

The following are avialable ConCurrent All American Skeet Catagories

Sub-Jr
    Junior
    Collegate
    Triple Sub
    Sub-Sub-Senior
    Sub-Senior
    Senior
    Veteran
    Senior-Vet
    Ladies
    Military
    Ret-Military
    Open

Ronbo

7. SILVER S 007

SILVER S 007 Member

I would like to say that we all will be there someday(at least we hope) and it might just suprise you how many there are out there that quit shooting because when you get a little older some things slow down. Now we all would like to win and if you have a 50% chance to do that most will try, however if that gets reduced to 10% because your 75 or so you will just quit trying...................BUT if you are shooting with the others that have the same eyesight and all other things that you have you just might go to the club and give it a try and you dont have to live in fl. or az to be a 75year old trapshooter maybe there are alot more than most think..........

Bob. Meyers
    P.S. I would like to thank the F.T.A board for approving this for our state and hope more states get on board.....THEN MAYBE just MAYBE the A.T.A. will notice and that would be nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.