1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super senior vet

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shawn, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Shawn

Shawn Member

It is a club category. The ATA hasn't adopted it yet.

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

PITA has Senior Vet and Elder for shooters over the age of 75.

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Good lord, not another idiotic category! Why not get rid of all categories and have well regulated, expanded, meaningful classes; and shoot your honest ability. While I'm on the soap box, can anyone explain to me how 18yds can be considered handicap?

4. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

A Super Senior Vet class was much more needed than a sub vet! With the average shooters age going up,we need all the help we can get. There are a lot of us around 80 & up. When you get there tell me what you think?

Clyde

5. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

B.Bandit,

I know a man who can't see, even with high dollar spectacles, to shoot targets at the 20 yard line. He can see them well enough to hit most of them from the 16 but back that extra 2 yards from the 18 to the 20 he can't see them. So, FOR HIM, 18 is a handicap. It is just on the verge of not seeing at all but he can see well enough to break some of them. The man likes to shoot. If he can't see them he will stop shooting and then the sport will have lost a dam# fine man and a good storyteller too. You can't kneejerk. At 89 Y.O. one fellow shoots from the 27 on League. He doesn't break them all from back there but he doesn't like to move up. He runs the 25 Singles now and again and is just an all around good man. He handicaps HIMSELF and has fun doing it. He is somewhat lonesome and the Club is where he finds people with similar interests. He doesn't complain and he doesn't explain. He just is.

Don T.

6. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

July 13th 2013 JC Nunn will turn 90 years old. At our recent non-registered event he broke a 50 in singles and missed number 100 for a 48 in handicap.

On July 13th 2012 he broke a 97 in singles and a 95 in handicap. He won the SV in singles and the SV in caps and got a 1/2 punch at the Konne-Yaut shoot at the Bradford GC in PA.

Amazing fellow and doesn't complain about having to shoot against the youngsters in SV......

FRedmon

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

It's hard to justify a category that's only 5 years older than the one before it. Sporting clays has a Senior Super Veteran category that's 75 and older, which is
    10 years more than Super Veteran. That category was added fairly recently to recognize that the number of older shooters is increasing.There are very few shooters that compete in that category right now, but it's bound to increase. (By one for certain because I'll be in it) On the whole the average age of trapshooters is higher than sporting clays shooters, so adding the Sub Veteran category was sheer stupidity on the part of the ATA.

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

When they saw Oldtimer,Olliedawg, and my self shooting practice, they wanted a class for us to compete in as the youn ger crowd couldn't take getting beat by us elders.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Doesn't come down to it - If FL wants to do it for their shooters then what the hell is the problem with the rest of you geniuses. Nobody that I know proposed it to the ATA. If FL wants to buy trophies for their super seniors I think that is a great gesture of gratitude and a thank you for their prior years.

Don

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Isn't vet age 50 or 55 for sporting?

I think super senior would make more sense than sub vet or jr gold...jmho

11. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

The new catagories have made the trophy amount a night mare,,,,We had over 300 trophies at our stste shoot,,harder to track and exspensive,,MX8Dave

Search tags for this page

ata senior vet age

trap shoot senior category

what does sub vet mean in trap shooting

what does the super vet class mean for sporting clays