1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Nunzio and the Wooden Rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by puablo, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Some guys are just unbelievable! My buddy and squadmate, Nunzio Salvate is an animal! He's always tinkerinng...we shoot for the first time down at our club today, and he shows up with a shotgun with a rib that he built and added to his gun made out of wood. He said he gave up viagara for the new years and has gone to wooden ribs instead... I'm just wondering if he built the rib from recycled tooth picks. Who knows??? Just my guess. Jeff Philipbar

2. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

whatta guy!!!!

3. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

He looks like he could handle it! Happy New Year!!!

Harry

4. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I told him not to stand next to any of the guys smokin cigars!

5. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Rick,

He even made it a tapered rib!

6. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Be sure to tell Nunzio to spray it for termites!!!......Uncle Sam, Pa.

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Seriously Jeff, that's the inexpensive way to decide what you may want to move to. Different heights, length, you name it--not as foolish as you may think. Then you know what you want to order from your chosen vendor. Enjoy the game while we can, Bob

8. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Bob, I thought it looked really good. He's very skilled at doing this type stuff. He made a extra long handicap choke himself for his P-gun.

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You can make a rib out of wood -even balsa wood - that's light and strong and you'll never need anything else. It can be reinforced with sheet carbon fiber,
    glass cloth, and polyester or epoxy resin. It can be painted to a finish to match a blued barrel, and stipled to avoid glare. You have to be careful getting a basswood or other hardwood spars used in model aircraft is that many of them are warped.
    I've made many model airplanes with these materials, and you'll find full size aircraft being made the same way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.