1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Handicaps/Heavy Target Loads?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by winchesterAA, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

Does anyone know the difference between the Winchester Super Handicap Loads and the Winchester Heavy Target Loads? The heavy target loads are 3 drams and the Super Handicaps are 1250 fps. Are they similar shells that maybe differ in speed? I thought the Super Handicaps were 3 drams too, Just wondering what the difference is.... Thanks Richie

2. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

1200 fps vs. 1250

3. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

We took some home from the Grand about 8 years ago that we thought were very good(all 7 1/2's). After getting an average speed on the handicap loads which was about 1260 with lots of hotter ones. We shot 9 of the red heavys before we found one that looked like a normal 1200 fps. 3 dram load. They were almost all going as fast as the Silver Handicap load. That was probably why we thought they were great.

Terry.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Richie- I shoot a lot of the AA Super Handicap loads. They are definitely hotter than the 3 dram AA shells. When I do shoot the Heavy Target AA shells from the 27, I realize that I do not need to use the Super Handicap loads. But, when I buy shells, the Super Handicap are the same price as the Heavy Target load and I can't get away from buying more for the same money. It is difficult to put more credit on logic than emotional appeal. I think I make the same mistake when I buy the Super Handicap shells as I made when I became involved with my first wife. Both my first wife and the Super Handicap shells put more stress on me than is required.

Pat Ireland

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

To me there is a lot less felt recoil w/ the Heavy shell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

handicap target load

handicap target loads

handicap trap and heavy target loads what is the diffence
heavy target loads
what is the difference between 3dram & super handicap shotshell
winchester aa heavy target recoil

winchester heavey target vs superhandecap

winchester super handicap target loads