Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Handicap..Use scales!

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  RobertT 
#1 ·
I use a Universal Charge bar. I've just finished an 8# jug of Winchester Super Handicap last night. The bar was dropping 20.8 grains of powder. Opened a new jug tonight, and started weighing loads at the previous setting.
The new jug dropped 22.5 grains at that setting which is 1.6 grains over the listed max load with a Win Hull, wad, and primer. Superhandicap is a very dense, fine powder so it can be difficult to meter perfectly. I calibrated the scales 3 times just to check it. Always weigh your loads, especially when opening a new jug of powder.

#2 ·
Good advice for any kind of powder. How do you like this powder? I have been shooting WST (formally 452) for years and really like it. Is this a better powder your using?

#3 ·
I found that if you follow directions on how to load super handicap the crimps seem to be terrible at best......dished in so bad that shot just pours out of them, I changed to a 1 oz wad and found the crimp to be 1000X better. I have not had time to pattern them with as shot is above the petals in the wad. They shoot ok from the 27 however I have never been much of a threat from the back fence anyway. If you don't mind having 2 oz of shot in your pocket after loading them by the book then the powder is excellent............. l.g.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.