1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Crown Krieghoff

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by todman2, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todman2

todman2 Member

This old skeet shooter needs some help from all you shooters out there. I just purchased a K32 Super Crown 4 barrel set, I have been trying to find out the history on this grade of Krieghoff but have been unlucky so far. Have been in touch with duPont Krieghoff and Krieghoff International which have confirmed the gun is a Super Crown but can't tell much more than 49 of them were made. Anyone out know the history of these guns.Thanks everyone for your input

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

All Factory Super Crowns were engraved by the Master, Niemeiyer. You will find his signature on the tang directly behind the safety. Jeff

3. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

If your gun happens to have the initials LKX on it, I can give you some history.

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

What happened with the Super Crown is they were not a factory grade- they were commissioned by the guys in Fla

Now-- there were only 48 of them but the 49th gun was started and I think completed by someone else---

Dupont has advertised or will tell you that some guns that are not within that 48-49 group are super crowns --

I have owned a couple -- as stated before if they are in fact supercrowns they will show the signature on the tang of Niemeir- forget how to spell his name

As I remember- Dupont wanted to make a upper class gun that he wasnt dependent on Germany to do so put that out and for engravers to submit guns at a lower price with the expectation of then getting a large contract from dupont

several other gun engravers submitted guns - and those other guns are sometimes called super crowns by Dupont

I have maybe seen 15 -20 supercrowns and they all vary tremendously- they were not stock guns -

In general - I think his work was best in the middle third of the these guns-- but the extent and amount of the engraving was by individual order- whether from Dupont or through Dupont(majority) as an individual order

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. todman2

todman2 Member

Thanks so much everyone, this is great info. My gun is done by the Master Niemeiyer, and the name is right in the location you all outlined in your post.My gun has the turning spaniel in white gold with two yellow gold phesants on the left side, an eagle or hawk in White Gold with 3 yellow gold ducks on the right side. Crowns on the bottom of the reciever and on the breech lever. The barrels are engraved with white and yellow gold. On one of the post you mentioned your intials let me know where to look as I have not removed the wood personally and I'll get back to you. Thanks for the info and keep it coming I'll try to figure out how to get photo's up on the forum.

Thanks Everyone
    Todman02

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

todman- Is it true the widow sold it to you for $500?

7. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Initials, if any, are on the trigger guard.

8. todman2

todman2 Member

I wish the widow sold it for $500 but did get it for a very good price

thanks everyone
    todman2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
dupont supercrown
kreighoff gold crown for sale
kreighoff super crown

krieghoff super crown