1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Bowl Superstar Entertainers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by below 0, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. below 0

below 0 TS Member

I don't think that I've ever seen or heard such "Dribble" in my life. First Christina Agulara doesn't know the words to our countrys National Anthum, but then proceeds in Butchering the anthum by wailing all the way thru the song. Why can't they just sing it with the dignity that it deserves.
    Now I have just heard and seen the "Black eyed Peas". Man, if this is entertainment, then I want to go back to when a song meant something, not just costumes and lights. The entertainment commitee should be ashamed of themselves. Dale

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Yep, pretty much sucked.

Even the commercials are shakey....except for the kid dressed as Darth Vader.

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

reminded me of the effect that fingernails on a chalkboard has on me

4. Lew

Lew TS Member

As usual the whole super bowl is a NON EVENT

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Pitiful was a good word for it I think. It would appear that the half time celebration was for the teens of which there appears to be very few of them there. The coke commercial was pretty good though. Jackie B.

6. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

At least janet jackson wasnt there..

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Didn't watch it....

8. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

I watched the kitty halftime show on Animal Planet.

Depending on how the second half of the game goes, I may tune back in to the Puppy Bowl. Most years it's better than the game anyway.

sissy

9. steele

steele TS Member

Rick, as the old saying goes, "If you pay peanuts, you usually get monkeys". No more evident than today. Butch in Pgh

10. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Where the F did the Black Eyed Pee Your pants come from anyway?? For all the hype of the Superbowl, this was really a joke! I was speachless, and also for the N Anthem by C. Aguilara.....MSN had posted a list of the 10 best and worst NAtional anthem reditions, while some of the best and worst were legit the best were done by Country singers, hah the Dixie Chicks were rated as #1 lol!
    C Aguiluira has sung previously at an NBA game, she did a little better then, at least she remembered the words....

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

If you're over 49 then the entertainment & commercials are not for you. The target demographics for advertisers is 18-49. The Black Eyed Peas attract that target audience who are into that type of music.

Eric

12. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

As for Ms. Christina Aguilera's performance, she either never knew the words to begin with, or she forgot them and just ad-libbed. Here’s a “star” being paid big bucks to spin her shi!!y rendition of our National Anthem. Think about it. Instead of being paid for what she did, I think she should have been fined for her gross lack of respect.

Flame away.

Jon Reitz

13. below 0

below 0 TS Member

Mixer...If you believe that the entertainment was accecptable, then I feel for our country...If our National Anthum doesn't mean more than someone wailing and forgetting the words, then the country as I knew as I grew up is going to the dogs. By the way, I am over 49, so I may not be the target of the advertisers, but want them, and you, to know that there are one he-- of lot of people over 49 who take great offense to the disgraceful display I witnessed.
    Enough...Dale

14. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Below 0,

I didn't say the entertainment was acceptable but it was what it was. Those in charge of approving the half time show wanted to reach a younger audience so they picked the BEP's. The reviews of the show has been mostly negative for too many reasons to list here.

The comments about the half time show that I've heard from my peers in the audio industry was how bad the mix was. As to Ms. Aguilera's rendition of the National Anthem and forgeting the words, that's something she will have to live with. Time to move on to more important stuff.

Eric

15. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

I thought the half time show was cool. I had no idea who the Peas were nor would I buy their cd but what the hell... Also my big screen TV and 30 pack of Keystone was fun. I enjoyed O'Rielly and Obama. I think ZZ Top would be a better choice though!

16. dverna

dverna Active Member

All I can say is NFW

Needs Further Work

Worst half time ever. At least they set a new record "low". Black Eyed Pea Brains.

Don Verna

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

She was obviously chemically enhanced.

And a disgrace to boot.

Deport her.

HM

18. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

I asked the young kid next to me who the chick with the fat legs and flashing chest was and he said it was Fergie. God the Queen must be going through the roof of Buckingham Palace. She sure can't sing. LOL

19. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

For me the Half Time show by the Black Eyed Peas got a lot better after the first minute or two. Of course that was when I turned off the TV. The TV got turned on again when the "show" (if that is what you want to call it!) was close to ending. Of course the Mute button was used until that screeching, hollering band of wildcats caught with their tails in a wringer, ended.

I hope those suckers that paid a couple of thousand bucks a ticket were happy with what they heard. Those ticket buyers that could not get a seat because they screwed up the temporary seating are probably wishing that they would have taken a refund rather than have to stand in the far corners of the stadium just to listen to that crap.

20. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Well at least you didn't miss a thing by getting up to grab another brew and make a pass down the buffet table...and may I pass a big thank you to the person who invented the mute button

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.