1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SUPER ATTABOY FOR RCBS AND HORNADY

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ddrsuz, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

hi folks: Just wanted to check in with a real super ATTABOY award to RCBS and Hornady. I just started trying to learn to reload for my 9mm. I got my dies from Hornady and I was using an RCBS universal primer setting tool. Within the first 5 rounds my instructor had managed to bend the spindle on the resizer and decapper, and after 25 primers or so, a small chip came off on the plastic small pistol primer tool......Don't know why any of the above happened, maybe careless, maybe just the slightest machining goof, but both RCBS and HORNADY were right there to make it right. Super nice over the phone, took my name, address and just like magic, there were the new new parts, and boy oh boy does the stuff work good now.
    Many Kudos to RCBS and HORNADY for continuing to live up to there rep for good products and great service.
    I guess the next stage of this sickness is when I start reloading to satisfy my 100 flat a year trap habit.
    Dennis

2. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

the RCBS Grand can keep up with 100 flats no problem. Great reloader. i just upgraded to the grand from a mec grabber.......wow, what a difference. the mec was idiosyncratic, you had to learn it's personality just like a date. the rcbs though is very, very consistent and easy to setup and adjustments are much easier than the mec.

and you are right about rcbs service (no experience with hornady), they are in my backyard and their employees are first rate. a real breath of fresh air in a world starved of superior service.

3. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

ffwildcat: I think that I am still going to avoid going to reloading for the trap stuff for a while. I have a real job and it still looks easier to spend the discretionary income rather than save a couple of bucks a flat. But since I am learning gradually, by the time I switch over, I appreciate your info, because I sure would like to use RCBS stuff, since it looks so good so far.
    since you said RCBS is in your backyard, guess that makes us neighbors in the TS.com sense anyway......at least we are both CA.......I am in Napa, but got family in Chico/Oroville
    Catch you some time
    dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.