1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Super 8 Okawville, ILL

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 45ACP, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 45ACP

45ACP Member

Has anyone stayed at the Super 8 in Okawville, ILL this year? If the answer is yes, how was your stay?

Thank you, Bill

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Didn't stay there, just drove by scouting for next year. It looked sort of shabby but looks can be decieving. We stay in Nashville at the Best Western, it's ok. What dates are you looking at?

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Anyone who is looking at a motel for the Grand and wants it checked out, let me know and I'll take a look for you. I wont be able to do this until May as I will winter in AZ, as usual. If that works for you I'll be glad to help. Barry

4. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

Stayed there the first year the grand was held in Sparta. Never again. Would sooner sleep in a tent outside than at this motel. Troubles encountered were 1) they would not honor the price I got on-line, had to call main hdqtrs and finally after 2 months got my money back. 2) I had booked 2 non-smoking on ground floor. Ended up get one room on ground floor and one on second floor. Both were smoking rooms that really reeked of smoke. The breakfast in the morning wasn't the greatest, just the basics, toast, cereal, milk, OJ. I had a ground floor room next to the back door and it rained on Friday night. When I got up Sat. morning my room was crawling with beetles. Apparently when it rains they all come inside and since my room was closes to the room they came into it, free meal with breakfast. Place was generally run down, but no bed-bugs.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

If I was going to stay in Okawville, I'd stay at the "Original Springs Hotel" Do a search. Probably already full of Canadians.

6. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I stay in Okawviile,Il.
    Know nothing about Super 8 , but there are trap shooters staying there.
    Maybe someone will report.

Joe Woods/Ontario

7. JPBROWN

JPBROWN TS Member

Stayed there 1st yr of the Grand and like Go Fish they wouldnt honor the original rate. room was worn but clean. Food was as mentioned. The thing that made me never go back is they gave rooms to some bikers that trapshooters had reserved! They dont need my money.

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

If you are looking for a room in Sparta check out the Budget Inn they might have vacancy for the Grand.

Click on the above link, they have a review. Nice!

9. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Made a reservation at Super 8 Okawville two years ago. Cancelled it well in advance but was charged anyway. Contacted the credit card company and the motel claimed I had two reservations and only cancelled one. They provided a copy of a nice printed reservation that I had cancelled. The second was a handwritten scrap of paper with no confirmation number or anything. Just a piece of paper that anyone could write at any time. They kept my money. To me it was simple thievery. Would recommend that you avoid this company.

Bob

10. Damifino

Damifino Member

I'll second the thumbs-up on the Original Springs. It's not much to look at from outside but the rooms are clean and reasonable. We found the food in the Boiler Room restaurant (in the basement of the hotel) pretty darn good too.

11. Caesar Trap

Caesar Trap Member

I just watched the Youtube video that was posted about the Budget Inn in Sparta... How could any viable business person think of renting out a room here! The Health department would condemn and close this business due to the sewer gas and many other health issues imposed by the unscrupulous business owners of this establishment.

Kyle Winter

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Whoever produced that video of the Budget Inn in Sparta should have received the Nobel Peace Prize. At the very least, God Bless them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.