1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday Dinner! No sugars, starch, or white flours

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Stl Flyn, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

When I first started this life change as far as what I eat, I thought I would miss all of the good tasting things that I used to eat. That was forty pounds, and four months ago. This along with ten points less on the blood pressure. Now my favorite thing to eat is any vegetables sauteed in olive oil, with seasoning salt and pepper. Of course it does not hurt to add some Beef Tenderloin, Pork Chops, or Chicken Breasts to go with it. I don't worry about fat content, or calories. Dessert is a couple of small chunks of Hershey's Dark Chocolate. Also a snack for later in the evening.

This is the Grilled Beef Tenderloin with sauteed in Red Wine and Worcestershire sauce mushrooms, and my roasted garlic, and horseradish cream sauce, along with sauteed Asparagus with Parmesan, and some Cabernet. Just the right amount! Mmmmm...

What do you think Jack?
    stlflyn_2010_07042.jpg

stlflyn_2010_07043.jpg

2. johnboy

johnboy Member

Not Jack but I am looking forward to grilled deer tenderloin and a good cab. By the way good choice of wine.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

When people ask me how I lost 45 pounds I tell them Bread water and tree bark. No sugar maple because of the sugar and no gun bark. LOL

I grill everything, chicken, hamburger 90% or 93% lean,(use the thin bread only when needing bread) Pork chops, fish. After I grill the meat I will put it on a paper towel so any left over oil or grease will be soaked up. Water water water water, did I say water. NO soft drinks. That is the hard one. I will go to the store and get only the small 4 OZ cups of ice cream as a treat. ONLY ONE and NO MORE PER TRIP. No 1/2 gal or gal size of ice cream. Only those 4oz cups. It just enough to say I had some. I love grapes but that has to much sugar, so does apple cider. I LOVE APPLE CIDER. Banana's are good. Cherries are good.

Watch also your salt intake. Thats a big one also. No chips, no fries for known reasons.

Go to the gym. I go for the muscles 3 days a week and cardio all 5 days. That will help you greatly.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Veggies brushed with olive oil and dusted with spices of choice on the grill are the bomb. Thick Zucchini spears grill up nicely.

We also do kabobs with lean beef, pork and chicken. Hint, despite photos showing meat and veggies on the same skewer, they cook at different rates, so make meat only and veggie only skewers.

5. Winchester M21

Winchester M21 Member

Stl Flynn

What do you do for breakfast? I am not a morning person and don't like to cook!

6. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Sti

Can I join you for dinner ????

Bob

7. johnboy

johnboy Member

By the way I forgot to mention, you have done the easy part, keeping the weight off is the difficult part. Most of us return to our fat self plus.

8. deadnout

deadnout Member

no thanks. ill stick with my belly bombers and my 2 buck chuck. lol rich. just kidding. looks great jon. best of luck with the diet. I had to the same thing 8 yrs ago. rich

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

We're all saved! Finally a diet that will work!

Bob Falfa

10. engineer bill

engineer bill TS Member

I pretty much started the same diet 3 years ago and it has been a success! I am sticking with it, 38 lbs lighter and much lower blood sugar and blood pressure. I am 60 and can work out and keep up with much younger guys. I have added berries to the intake this year with no issues.
    Bill

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Between health issues and the need for speed (on my bicycle), I dropped 41 lb, down to 144.

Eating for health made it (too) easy to drop tonnage. I was in good shape at 185, but go like a bat on the bike now.

Blood pressure at my last physical was 106/60. BMI (body mass index) is 20, desired for cyclists.

I feel great, don't get tired, except after a 100 KM ride on the bike. Strength is still good, shooting is easier, gun feels lighter. Vision is better?

I am between treatments until Nov, then we will see what the future holds.

Edited to mention I use the Mediterranean Food Pyramid except for very rare occasions.

Today I ate a large Chicken/Spinach pizza. I figure I deserve this on big holidays. We never know how many we have left. LOL

12. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Meat, vegetables and some fruit - eat like a cave man and feel great!

13. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

You got that right Joe!

Here is another recent dinner. Taco Salad, without the taco. Iceberg head lettuce, hamburger and chicken cooked with taco seasoning, tomatoes, onions, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, taco sauce, with a side of guacamole, and sour cream. It might not look to appetizing, but it is damn good. As I said before, I am not worried about fat content as much as the insulin altering, white flours, starches, and processed sugars. That includes corn of any kind, or form. Insulin controls many things in the body including hunger, and emotion. Took my blood pressure over the weekend, 113/72. Just a little self measuring devise, that the Mother-in-Law had up north. Being in the northwoods always helps.

As for the breakfast question, I eat a banana, and two cups of coffee with cream. Sometimes I will eat some chunks of fresh cut pineapple, and cantaloupe.
    stlflyn_2010_07044.jpg

14. Dr A C Jones

Dr A C Jones Member

I'm on a similar regime. Low fat meats, fish, plenty of veg, plenty of berries, far fewer fruits, and very little processed food and sugar. After a while the taste buds return and simple foods taste great.

I used this app/web page:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

It keeps you honest!! It has a very low sugar target but after some practice ans experimentation it's not so difficult to get close to the target.

After about 6 weeks I'm down 10lbs and the lap times in the pool are down and cycling times unaffected (I.e. no signs of muscle wastage).

Who would have thought 85% cocoa dark chocolate would actually be good for you?

Andrew.