1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday Big Meat Results Oxford Gun Club 1/03/2010

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I thought the wind was bad yesterday during the Pen-Mar shoot but it was tougher today. 35mph out of the NW with gusts to 45mph. Single digit windchill. How you guys in the windbelt do it I don't know. We had to hold the speakers down with cinderblocks. It's tough to smoke those clays with the wind knocking you off balance. I changed the program to a 25 bird event instead of 50 because of the conditions and the low turnout. We used our Thur nite Green Bird program with Big Meat Prizes. And the winners are:

Event #1 Steve W. 24x25___Green Bird Ron B.

Event #2 John G. 21x25____Green Bird Jim Roland (Thanks to Bob Aldridge for missing the 1st green bird)

Event #3 Steve W. 19x25___Green Bird Ron B.

Event #4 Bob Aldridge 22x25___Green Bird Lucky Larry Kirk

Event #5 Steve W. 22x25___Green Bird Bob Pierce (Bob says Samantha is still his Number 1 puller)

I want to thank the shooters who braved the elements to come out and support our club (the entertainment value from the clubhouse window was great). I did get out and shot a round but my 21 was no good. Thank goodness for the splash board where I managed to win a smoked ham. Bob Pierce and CalvinMD both hit for 2 splash board prizes. Our top winner in the events was Steve W. with 3.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

those strip steaks will surely be tassty on my grill

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Calvin, I see that you let Lucky Larry pick your numbers for you, that's almost cheating. When are you coming outside with the rest of us nuts and win some from the line?

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

let me think....uhhhhhh...when its 75degrees and zero wind : )...God I love it when a plan works out

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

The next Big Meat Shoot at Oxford is on Sunday Jan 17th. Our next trap shoot will be Thur nite Green Bird on Jan 7th. New for 2010 the longbird jackpot shot will now be taken on post 1 at the 30yd line on the practice trap. All other rules stay the same. Good luck

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Attention all OGC members. Jan 11th is membership meeting for board election. Dinner starts at 6:30pm and the meeting is at 7:30. Membership must be current to vote. See Ray our I on Thur nite if you need to renew.

7. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

We had our General Membership meeting for board elections and dinner tonite. The food was good, thanks to Nancy and the ladies in the kitchen. Also, thanks to Jim Roland for donating the turkeys. Ray Natale and I will continue in our postions and run trap for the 2010 season. Here's to a good year.

8. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Ray is putting a meat order in with Gary at Dutch Way today so we will have plenty of prizes for Sunday's Big Meat Shoot (Jan 17th). Now if we can just have some nice weather. If there is some interest we may throw a calamity jane or a protection shoot at the end of the meat events.

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Ooops!

Sunday = light wintry mix, high of 41 deg. +/-, ENE winds of only 7 mph.

Just right for winter time shooting.

See you there (and I'll bring the scoundrels with me).

Curt

10. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

The meat is on the way. Smoked hams, Beef roast, Pork roast, Oven stuffer, NY strip steaks, and Deli bacon.

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Latest forecast (0530 hrs. this morning) advises the rain will be coming in the late afternoon on Sunday.

We may just catch a break??

See you Sunday.

Curt

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It appears that the Trap Gods are toying with our emotions again! Rat Buggers are forecasting rain by 0900 hrs. Sunday morning.

Maybe we better get the club exorcised, seems to be some bad ju-ju going on there with all this wet weather on our shooting days!!

Curt

13. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I just have to hope they are wrong, as they often are.

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Uh-oh....some bad Ju-Ju from the south moving our way!!

Curt

15. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Freezing rain after midnight. The weather was good today but my shooting was not. At least I beat Roland (thats not saying much anymore).

16. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Oxford's Big Meat Shoot was rained out today. We will try again on Sunday Jan 31st.

17. Shootist333

Shootist333 TS Member

what do you mean it was rained out real trap shooters shoot in any weather but lightning and that depends on the size of the purse wait till you get to the mid west just rain is a good day for shooting its the -29 with -45 wind chill thats tuff shooting

18. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I can't force them to shoot. I just open the club and collect the money. Nobody wanted to shoot in the freezing rain and sleet so I shut the traps off and cleaned everything up and went home.

Hopefully the weather will be better this Sunday.

Big Meat Shoot Oxford Gun Club Jan 31st 10am start.

19. Shootist333

Shootist333 TS Member

rich who is going to take over for you at ogc they will have a hard time filling your shoes

20. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Ray is the trap captain. I have been training him for 16 months so I hope some of it stuck. Sam Walker is the new sporting clays captain and he has been a big help to Ray and I. Ted Wallace says he will help with any trap machine issues so Ray does have some backup if needed. The new trap help, Mike and Luke, have some shoots under their belts and are coming along nicely. Samantha seems to have the counter under control so things should run smoothly.

Weather wise for Sunday. The snow shovel party starts at 9am. Hope to have the fields ready by 10am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.