1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday at Ben Avery

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by white rattler, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white rattler

white rattler Member

Today we had two separate handicap events. We had 56 shooters in the first event and Mark Williams was the high gun with a 97 from the 19 yard line. He had a 99 going into the last post and dropped 2 of the last three. In the second handicap we had two shooters rise to the top with 96. James Antonacci and Joe Roach. Today's shoot ran very smooth starting on time and things ran very good. The food wagon on site cooked up some real good food at a very fair price. As to Sat. singles we had 71 shooters not the 50 that I reported last night. Once again I want to thank Paul and all the staff for the hard work that they put in to running a shoot. I will be back for the next one in two weeks. Trevor Dawe.

2. JRW

JRW Member

Trevor thanks for the report. About 10 days and I will be in AZ. It will be good to see you again. Jerry in MI

3. white rattler

white rattler Member

Tommy, Paul Doetsch and his young wife Donna are the main driving force of the ATA shooting at Ben Avery. A good time was had by all. Trevor

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Zardo,

This club is being run the way a club should be run from the BA Staff right on down the line ... I don't think I have ever seen the bunker without someone shooting it yet ... The best thing that ever happened to this club was Az Game and Fish taking control and then putting the right people in place to operate and run it ... These people really do care and try treat the customers like they would want to be treated ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. bas

bas Member

WPT - guess what? I totally agree with you....LOL - did you shoot at all? I'm sorry I couldn't make it up...next time around!

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

This was one of the best and most fun AZ winter zone shoots I've attended. The feed, compliments of Donni and Paul Doetsch, was more than just a catered event.

They actually had a good ol' pit pig roast saturday evening. There was chicken there too and all the trimmings of a great feast. I hope it becomes a tradition and they call it the "Winter Chain Roast Pig Shoot." This shoot needs to grow and with all the amenities offered by the BACTC and the Doetsch family, it will. Many thanks Ben Avery.

Of course, a shoot is only as good as the shooters who attend. It looked to me that most everyone was enjoying the great targets and terrific Valley of the Sun weather as much as I was. Thanks to you shooters and see you again next week. In the meantime don't forget the shoot at Casa Grande this week.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Betty,

Yes, I did shoot the Handicap events, missed the feed on Saturday and still need a lot of practice, but had a great time ... Missed seeing you and Roger, see you guys next time ...

Zardo,

Its not big enough "YET", but they have plans for future expansion that will make it the biggest and best shooting facility in the Southwest, as of now they are only the best in my humble opinion ... I think you would like it if you give it a shot, great club, great people, and lots of smiling faces ...
    Carmilita's Catering has some really good Mexican food if you like a little South of the Border flair and some good prices besides ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

OMT ...

9. white rattler

white rattler Member

Bill how are the stones? Trevor

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

They let me know they are there usually when I am trying to sleep, got to go and see the Doc, waiting for them to call ... I had the test done and they said they were to big for me to pass, so we have to go to option 2, I guess ... Thx ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. bas

bas Member

WPT...guess your not referring to your "Magic Rocks", huh? Get better soon!

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

bas, I heard his stones have gotten too big. It may be serious.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Stones, as in Kidney Stones ... There are 4 of them Puppys, 3 on the left and 1 on the right ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.