1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sun Mountain Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kjorgy, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjorgy

kjorgy TS Member

I had the opportunity to shoot some rounds of trap and Sporting Clays at Sun Mountain Gun Club near Coarsegold, Ca. The place was immaculate and the staff was very friendly. It is family owned and operated. I emailed ahead to let them know we had a group coming and heard back from the owner the same day. You could easily spend the day there. We brought lunch and ate under their covered bench area. You could also eat in their nice club house. But the real highlight was the Sporting Clays course. It was AWESOME. 12 stations wrapping up into the hills and trees made a challenging but fun course. They even put a cooler at station 6 with free waters. The 12th station was fun with the birds shooting off a 60 ft tower which was behind and above you. I will post pics when I get them uploaded. Well worth the trip. You could stay at Bass Lake which is what we did and its only 25 min away. Makes for great weekend.

Here is their link:
    http://www.sunmountaingunclub.com/

Kraig

2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

We shot at Sun Mountain Lodge in Washington State - until new owners kicked us out.

The sporting events were held when the wind blew the targets up over the shooters and you tried to break the target before it landed in the parking lot behind the traps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sun mountain gun club

sun mountain gun range

trap shooting sun mountain wa