1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

summer allergies?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slayer, Aug 21, 2013.

1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I have never been one to suffer from allergies of any kind but this summer it has really hit me. Starting the end of last week I'm stuffed up, weak and sick to my stomach. This is my first full summer living in the north woods of MI and apparently something is bugging me. Any good home remedies out there? I don't like Benadryl or the other antihystamines. They seem to make the stomach aches worse and dry everything out too much. Thanks for listening to my whine. Bill

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Try a "Nettie Pot" and saline mixture twice a day. Rinse out your sinuses. Then see your doctor for prescription strength Singulair,

3. stilltrying

stilltrying Member

Try one zyrtec before you go to bed....There is something going around even down here in Pa. It killed my butt for two days then the coughing and blowing nose, Alka-seltzer plus helped me survive. It is more then the common cold! The alka-seltzer will help the stomach ache. Being in the north woods on the east coast you better look up what tick bites can do to you.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I've never been bother either till this year. It started about a week ago. Thought I had a summer cold but they say the pollen count is super high this year. I went to the drug store and got some vapor rub, Sudaefed, and Zicam. It has helped.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

There really is not enough antihistamine in the world to fix the problem, because AH's are a "downstream" drug that is just trying to mop up the histamine in your bloodstream after the mast cells in your immune system have already produced it.

Start taking Mucinex as soon as you see something new getting to you. As the above poster said, antihistamines will dry you out, and that's not a good thing if your noggin is already full of snot...all it does is keep it there, you want it to stay moving. If it stays there long enough, it becomes a perfect breeding ground for viruses and bacteria, and that's where you get the sinus infection, cold-like symptoms, maybe a low fever and feeling weak.

6. redfin1956

redfin1956 Active Member

i have been using flonase for the past 20 years,no more alergies.my alergies were terrible,i was misrable. now i am fine. joseph

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The forest fires smoke here in Idaho has been a killer for me this summer.