1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Suitable Shell for Singles & Caps

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wolfram, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Sorry Ken, those shells won't work. Please send them to me at once for proper disposal.

2. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

WHAT are caps? i used to shoot some handicap but never heard of caps.

3. oz

oz Active Member

use the rios for everything. long handicap i would use 7 1/2's. oz

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

You will be fine with both shells. Use your 1oz. 8's for singles and your 1 1/8 for your handicap. If the recoil bothers you, put a reducer in your stock bolt hole. I have used them all. C&H or Dead Mule work fine and have selections you can make for your stock bolt hole I.D. Hope this helps, Roy

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Caps is western PA slang for Handicap-same as Pop is their slang for a soft drink!!

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Either one should be sufficient for either if your confident in them as they will to the back fence..

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

If you don't know what caps are then you don't have to worry about shooting them.

Don

8. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I have shot some of my best scores with the 3dr #8 Top Guns, they will work fine for just about anything. I would use the Rio's for singles and short yardage Hdcp.

9. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

They will work and they will only work if you do what your supposed to do so shoot em up but do one thing and if you do anything at all be sure you do this one small simple thing now.

Buy more shells, they dont have to be Rio's but buy more shells now and plan on buying at least as much if not more than what you have now. The only reason I tell you this is you will be able to say that your average cost for shells is lower than what they are at some later time and as long as you always have shells on the floor ready to shoot and continue to replace as you shoot the average cost will be lower than replacement for a very long time ... so shoot them and replace them before its to late and the average cost will be to high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.