1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions on Skeet Machines?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodQuilt, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodQuilt

WoodQuilt TS Member

The Peterborough Sportsmen's Club is located in New Hampshire. We have one skeet field and we are looking for recommendations or suggestions on a pair of new, medium quality, skeet machines. We shoot practice and fun-shoot skeet with a small number of active skeet shooters. The club board of directors meets in a week and I would like to take some information to the meeting. We have 110 volt service in both skeet houses, so we are not looking for battery powered units. Please send me an e-mail if you have literature, prices, or general information.

Thanks and Happy New Year,

Jim Schmidt, Club President

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

SkeetLoader SL500
    Our latest automatic feed conversion kit for your Western single stack skeet machine
    Replaces the single stack
    Holds 500 clays

Give me a call about this upgrade to your current western single stack machines. They throw great targets just don't hold enough. Our 500 clay hopper bolts on and makes it a great machine!

Bob Schultz
    800-684-6329

3. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

I second Bob's recomendation. I am building a "mobile" shooting range using Western traps and Western Retro equipment, it is a great way to mix old school realiable machines with new technology, and a value to boot!

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Beomats(or GMV superstar) or Pat Traps-- forget anything with a french name or italian name- doesnt matter who sells it

Lesser brands = parts and service are always an issue

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. headsupdesign

headsupdesign TS Member

Beomat or GMV Superstar (clone). The old Winchesters(above) can throw a good target but is maintenance intensive.

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

I can tell you what not to buy. LaPorte. We had a set and were thankful that we did not buy two sets. Were even more thankful when they left the property.

We replaced them with Nasta Machines. We have had them for 3 years and near zero down time.

TB

7. locdoc

locdoc Member

Do any of you use equipment made by G.P.Trap, LLC out of Atlanta, KS ?

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer,dist

8. skeezix

skeezix Member

We use Beomats on the skeet fields at Missoula Trap and Skeet. They are great machines - we replace the O-rings and brushes about once a year. The trap side uses the GMV Superstars. They have also been quite reliable.

The only downside to the Beomats is that their side to side adjustment is done by loosening a couple of bolts on the base table and turning the machine. LaPorte (I think) actually has a turnbuckle for this which would be nice. I think the Beomats throw a better target though.

John

9. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

we have 8 Pat-trap for trap, and 14 skeet Pat-traps, service and parts are excellent. However, in cold weather you need to let the pumps warm up. Before Pat-Traps we had winchesters, they were fine, put took a lot of maintenance to keep working well, plus you had to reload them after each squad of 5.

You might want to look into a NSSA grant to pruchase the machines, last I knew they did these types of grants, in fact thats about the only a state can get some of it registered fees back.

Here's the skeet website,there several skeet-trap shooters that inhabit this site too, so questions are always welcome, despite what "EE" stated.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=94&sid=dbc67797d5811a233d577b242d87c037

10. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

I have done routine maintenance on both Beomat and Superstar GMV skeet machines. I don't know offhand the price difference between the two, but the Beomats are a better-constructed unit than the GMVs. The GMVs have a lot of stamped parts, whereas the Beomats have mostly machined aluminum pieces throughout. They both throw good targets, but the Beomats do not require the same amount of TLC the GMV machines do. If you can swing the price difference, I personally would recommend the Beomat product. As to EE, I hope your comment was a light-hearted jab. If not, remember, if you wouldn't say something to those of us on this forum face-to-face, don't hide behind your computer and say it electronically.

11. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

In Vermont the SCFC has three sets of PAT trap Skeet machines. They have not had any problems in the winter and they throw a great target. They have wireless release on all fields, but you can use a cord if you prefer.

Very easy to adjust.

They already had a PAT trap and like the service they received.

By the way, I have shot off the Nasta Machines at Gator (TBaber's club). Have no idea on maintenance, but they throw a great target. I was very impressed the first time I shot off them. Right to the stake...

12. high 2

high 2 Member

We put in LaPorte`s at our club and they have been great machines. The only problem that we have had is a delay from time to time when conditions are damp. Never have seen a Pat trap skeet machine. If they are half the machine the trap machines are you couldn`t do better. Larry

13. WoodQuilt

WoodQuilt TS Member

I thank you all for your value insight. I have a club skeet shooter looking at the "non-trap" sites, so we have attempted to cover that source of information. Thanks again for your support.

Jim Schmidt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

is bomart skeet machine a good unit