1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SUGGESTIONS ON AN AUTO DEALERS LICENCSE?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bcnu, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Howdy Mitchell, first you have to have a surety bond and an address. You should get in touch with Earl Fairman in PA. He is a dealer.

John, Greggs' next door neighbor a year or so ago at the fall handicap in Linn Creek.

John

2. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Mitchell, different states have individual requirements. Here in NC, I got mine in 1987. I had to post a $50,000.00 bond, have an office of at least 96sq ft. I don't recall the amt of insurance I had to carry but it was about $2000.00 a year. Then you must have City, and/or Co. license. Almost anywhere you are now mandates your place of business have handicaped access, ramp, doorway, restroom. State business license, Fed Tax number,State Sales Tax must be paid monthly here. Also you will need to purchase Dealer Tags.

In todays economy and the inflated gas pricing it's gonna be rough jumping into the car business. Good Luck J.Woolsey

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Been there done that, had dealer plates for 25 years. Only the bigger dealers make money today. It will be a substantial investment so if you are interested just so you can have dealer plates, go to the auction and just plain dabble in the car business, forget it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.