1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions on airline cases?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Any suggestions on airline cases for a combo gun? I need a 35 inch case for the unsingle barrel because the barrel is that long with the tubes in. Americase don't make one. High rib also. Thanks

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Warwick or Americase. With a cover. Airline approved,Hope this helps, Roy

3. wm rike

wm rike Member

Buy the absolute best you can.

True story. About ten years ago a friend sent his son, a rifle shooter, to the Olympic training center in Denver. He bought whatever case the Seals were using for their stuff, air drops and the like. When it all got to Denver the case was ruined. Thankfully, the gun emerged okay. The airline took no responsibility.

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Hi Earl, The barrel slot in my Americase that came with my Kolar T/A Max combo is 35 5/8" long. Bill Malcolm

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Pelican Cases... those are the ones that the "SEALS" use... I own a Browning Travel Vault version - self cut the foam to your specs - wouldn't use anything else... functional, not a looker!

regards,

Jay

6. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi smsnyder and happy thanksgiving!

colorado custom cases might just have the case for you.

the mach-2 combo case is 36" inside the barrel channels. this case has 2 barrel channels, a compatment for the reciever, a compartment for the forearm, and a compartment with a lid for accessories.

the exterior is available in blue or black. the interior colors are red, blue, or black.

cost is $350.00 delivered to the lower 48 states.

delivery time now is 10-14 days.

thanks doug (573)286-9905

7. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

I have an SKB case that has survived many flights. Having wheels is a must to me as I can hang a soft bag over the handle and free up my other hand. SKB customer service has been great. When I inquired about purchasing the newer upgraded latches they offered to install them free of charge. Sent a spare set of keys for earlier style metal latches also free of charge. Lightweight is a plus too.

8. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

JIC you missed it

Subject: Praise for John Hall Cases
    Email:
    Date: Thu, Nov 25, 2010 - 11:37 AM ET
    Website Address: http://www.ziegeleng.com/
    I had several. Me and the airlines pulled the handles off every one of them several times. I finally discovered http://www.ziegeleng.com and never looked back. Ziegel has about a zillion standard models and will make you anything they don't have. Best case there is IMHO.

Charlie

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Any case That Americase offers can be ordered an inch or two longer by request. The up charge for the custom length is not all that much either. Give them a call 1800-972-2737

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Pelican!!!

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Americacase, because you need all the strenth you can get. Break-em all. Jeff

12. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

I have used, Warwick, Americase and they are allg ood cases and will do a good job at protecting your gun. I had Doug make me a case that I wanted to hold 3 barrels and a little deeper for my stock and did a great job and have been using it for the last 1 1/2 years. Excellent work and price was right and have traveled all over the world with it. You won't e disappointed with Doug's work.

I then had slips make me a cover for it to protect the case. They also do excellent work and the price is reasonable. Go to slips.com and give them a call with your measurements and they will give you a price on your cover.

13. mxrider458

mxrider458 Member

I have an SKB breakdown combo hard case. Well built, and pieces inside are built to fit different length barrels. No problems with my 85TSS, or would even use it for my CG Summit, both are 34/32. The only thing I don't like are the locks, and they are the same on my bow case. Wish it had the TSA locks on it. When I travel with my bows, I have a large 2 bow soft case made by Aurora, and never had any issues with that at all, even with 2 bows in it, and this case is much smaller. Shopped and bought it online for a decent price.

14. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

I use Kalispell cases for air travel.

Also, I don't always drink beer, but when I do I beat my wife and children savagely.

dosequis_interesting.jpg

15. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Pelican, Pelican oh and did I mention Pelican.

I have been travelling from Downunder to the USA every year since 1996 to shoot each summer and have tried a lot of different cases.

This past summer I purchased a Pelican for the long haul, and these trips always include extra flights whilst in the US, and I believe the Pelican is the best by far.

Have the heavy density foam cut to suit outline of barrels and action, case has an airtight seal, I have enough room in case to carry spare tiggers and extra parts in case of gun breakdown during trip.

Whilst my Barrels are only 30 inch my stock is a Stock-Loc and large and every thing fits without any problems, these cases come in many different sizes.

Regards, Release Trigger...........

16. dickn52

dickn52 TS Member

Look at Rhino's. http://www.rhinochokes.com/

17. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have the two gun case from Caballos. $170.00 & it has wheels. I have used it several times...shows no damage and the guns have all been just fine.

JON

18. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Simple:

Heavy Gauge Aluminum: The BEST. The ORIGINAL. KALISPELL

Plastic: PELICAN and second choice, SKB.

19. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Starlight Cases -- period! -

http://www.starlightcases.com/

I think Bob Schultz may handle them
    http://www.targetshotguns.com/

20. 682LINY

682LINY Member

pelican,,,30,000 or more miles on mine,,,united did manage to break an external rib,,no gun damage to gun ,showed them they said they would take care of it,,i cut out the middle man,, called pelican,,,they said send it back,,,,sent me a brand new one,,,no questions asked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.