1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for where to get a new stock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by silverarrow, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverarrow

silverarrow TS Member

Hi guys this is the first time I have posted on this site but have been an avid reader for a couple of months. My father has an old Stevens SxS Model 5100 and it is his baby, but its old and beat up and has a cracked stock. What I would like to do is send it out and get a new stock put on it so it can look as good as it did when he first got it. Do you have any suggestions on where I could send it

2. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Wenig can hande it.

3. silverarrow

silverarrow TS Member

Thanks awbenz I will look into it.
    -Clem

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Clem- A new stock will involve an expense that might be higher than you are expecting. The existing stock and forearm can be repaired and refinished to look close to a new stock.

Pat Ireland

5. silverarrow

silverarrow TS Member

Yes guys I do realize the cost associated with getting a custom stock. I also fully agree with you in it not being worth it, but my Dad is a little obsessed with the gun it is the only gun he has ever owned in his 40years of shooting. So I know it is going to be expensive but I am still going to look into it.
    -Clem

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have gotten several gun stocks from Numerich Gun Parts and they were a lot cheaper than anyone else that I found. Maybe you would like to finish them yourself to make it even more special. Jackie B.

7. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Click above it's, down near the bottom.

8. silverarrow

silverarrow TS Member

Thank you Big Dave that is perfect only question is on the page that you linked it states non-stepped 5100. Do you know what that means and is there a way I can check for it on my fathers gun.

9. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

I'm sorry but I do not know, but while searching for the answer, I found another site with a better price, looks like it also fits the 311. I'm sure they can answer your question. They show two series.

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

e-gunparts.com has brand new walnut pistol grip stocks for the model 5100. Item number 583530, cost $69.75. They have forends also. Just go to their website and follow the prompts. HMB

11. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Tom Smith in Bowling Green, Ohio can usually pin the cracked stock and then refinished it.

12. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

big dave good sight for some decent priced semi inletted stocks, also try above. I bought a stock for a older savage fit to receiver needed a little fitting. don't count out local furniture restorer/refinisher. We had a local guy years ago repair a split stock refinshed it, looked awesome, he managed to retain some of its original worn look, but looked nice. Wenig is an option also. You could also get your current stock duplicated. I almost went this route with a older winchester 30/30. I really liked how the stock fit me and the scope. took a digger coming down a hill and did a # on it. http://www.gunstockduplicating.com/duplication.html Try these guys. I never got around to doing it. I sold the gun to my brother and he bought a used stock at a gun show. They seemed to be well knowing when I called. Told me just send all the pieces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.