1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE MOSSBERG GUN COMPANY

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    almost everyone i know at one time has owned a mossberg 500. i see many hunters trying to shoot trap in trap leagues shooting with these guns, some do well. i emailed the mossberg gun company and asked them if they would consider making a monte carlo trap stock, even out of hardwood for $75.00 or less so these model 500 field models could convert somewhat to a trap model? they were not interested. they have some peace of plactic that attaches to the stock they said. also, i wish they could make a break open trap gun for under $500.00, i feel the league shooters would buy them. even if hardwood is used, they could paint them like browning did for a while. HERE'S THE QUESTION- CAN AN AMERICAN GUN COMPANY BUILD A GOOD RELIABLE TRAP SINGLE BARREL BREAK OPEN TRAP GUN FOR UNDER $500.00 ANYMORE? IS IT POSSIBLE?
    Steve Balistreri

2. kolarkim

kolarkim Member

Steve, do some searching on here or other places mossberg made some 500 trap guns with a high stock and rib. you may also try the dual comb stock they sell for their slug gun. also you could have you stock made adjustable and change it back and forth when you need to. good luck KK

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I beleive the "american" company just do not see a high sales rate for the 500 or less range in a single shot break open. Maybe its just the circle im in, most are looking for a multi use gun with at least 2 shots ? I believe mossburg tried the Trap 500 at one point. Monte carlo stock high rib.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

A Mossberg 500 could easily be converted into a trap gun with the addition of an adjustable comb and butt pad.

I could be very difficult for any company to produce a single shot trap gun that is as economical and reliable as a BT-99.

Pat Ireland

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

a 34" high rib screw choked barrel for a t/c encore and your halfway there, devise a system to auto-cock (if required, wouldn't be that big of a deal to me) and your all the way there, and not too much higher than your $500 mark.

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just for information I read recently that Mossberg has sold more shotguns to the military than all others combined. Sorry, but I can't remember the publication. Dave P

7. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Why would anyone want to shoot an ugly gun? Bad enough to have an ugly wife, but to actually buy a cheap ugly gun is repulsive. Mossberg used to make a "trap" model. Of course, being a Mossberg, you would not know if the one you bought shot straight. Most of them do not - horizontal can be bad, vertical can be worse

8. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Nope............Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.