1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??Suggestions for motels within 30 miles of Sparta

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Too Bad, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Too Bad

Too Bad TS Member

Going to the Grand this year. Any suggestions where I can stay with in 30 mile more or less of Sparta. Looking for clean and confortable motel or hotel where any of you may have stayed in before that you could recommend without hesitation.

I appreciare your honest opinion and thanks in advance.

Richard Luckett

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Check out the above link. You may or not want to stay at this place if they have a room.

3. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Rich left,

Don't stay @ the Budget Inn. You may want to try the Super 8 in Pickneyville, twenty miles from WSC. I'm sure the Holiday Inn Express is booked in Sparta, but a phone call would worth the try.

4. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

But.....ah.....well you see....even if....ah.......if you don't like it stay home!! The last one seems to be popular.

Mark

5. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Couple years ago my daughter and I stayed in Perryville, MO. Not a bad drive to Sparta.

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

In the south, Perryville, MO is good. Chester, IL is good (Reid's Inn).

To the north, Fairview Heights and O'Fallon/Shiloh have the most hotels available. The drive is about 40 miles. The La Quinta Inn at Rt 4 and I-64 is a little more than a year old, so it should be nice. It's about 30 miles due north of the WSRC.

Nashville, Okawville, and Pinckneyville to the east/northeast have decent hotels with reasonable rates.

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

They ain't none now, wait a few weeks for shell prices to be decided

GB
    DLS

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

There are trailer rentals on the grounds.. many of my friends stayed there last year.. It worked out well..

9. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rich, I stayed at the LaQuinta last year and was very happy there. There's a little family style Italian restaraunt not far from it that we enjoyed having supper at. It's about a 45 minute ride each day to the grounds, but a pleasant drive. Good luck and you'll enjoy the shoot, incredible facility. Bob

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Pinckneyville has a Super 8 as does Du Quoin. Reids in Chester is full, so is the HIE in Sparta. To the north you have Nashville's Best Western. The Super 8 in Okawville is a pit but the Original Mineral Spring Motel is highly endorsed by some on here.

All Super 8's - 800.800.8000 Nashville BW - 618.478.5341 Okawville Original Mineral Spring Motel - 618.243.5458

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

They ain't none now, wait a few weeks for shell prices to be decided

GB
    DLS

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

There are trailer rentals on the grounds.. many of my friends stayed there last year.. It worked out well..

13. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rich, I stayed at the LaQuinta last year and was very happy there. There's a little family style Italian restaraunt not far from it that we enjoyed having supper at. It's about a 45 minute ride each day to the grounds, but a pleasant drive. Good luck and you'll enjoy the shoot, incredible facility. Bob

14. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Pinckneyville has a Super 8 as does Du Quoin. Reids in Chester is full, so is the HIE in Sparta. To the north you have Nashville's Best Western. The Super 8 in Okawville is a pit but the Original Mineral Spring Motel is highly endorsed by some on here.

All Super 8's - 800.800.8000 Nashville BW - 618.478.5341 Okawville Original Mineral Spring Motel - 618.243.5458

15. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Mind these words.........DO NOT STAY AT THE SPARTA MOTEL..............
    Motel from hell.Stayed there and got really sick....lung infection from all the mold......Repeat,DO NOT STAY AT THE SPARTA MOTEL!
    D.P.Reynolds

16. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Best part of staying in O'Fallon is dining at Andria's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.