1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SUGGESTIONS FOR LODGING-MILLINGTON, MD

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by gdbabin, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

My wife Aline & I are planning on going to the 18-20May07 shoot at Millington, MD. Please help us out with suggestions for lodging!

Thanks,

Guy
    gdbabin@comcast.net

2. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Write Millington Sportsmen's Assn.
    1813 Harbor Drive
    Chester, MD 21619
    Ask them to mail you a program. They have a complete list of area lodging in the book.(Complete with telephone numbers
    A very nice place to shoot.

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I have the Millington shooting schedule book and it does list several places in the Chestertown and surrounding areas. Last time I stayed over for a Millington shoot, the motel I had made reservations for was a dive. OK for me alone for one night, but my wife will be with me this time and I'd like to find a nicer place.

Any suggestions from experience?

Guy

4. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I may suggest two options, 16 miles due south is Schrader's Bridgetown Manor (look it up on the web) which is a hunting preserve, SC and 5 stand course, and a very large new manor house with each room being large, with a sitting area, and its own full bath and A/C. About $100/night. The place is very nice.

There is also a Hampton Inn that opened about the same distance north on 301 in Middletown, DE; Phone: 1-302-378-5656.

Other than that, its Chestertown or Dover.

Cheers

5. KaboK80

KaboK80 TS Member

The Hampton Inn in Middletown mentioned above is new, it opened last fall. Kate and I stayed there last fall during the Annie Oakley shoot. Very nice hotel. The rates are a little pricey, about $130/night if my memory is correct. Indoor pool and the most comfortable beds that I have ever experienced at a hotel. Several places to dine very nearby. Take your wife hear and she might let you go to more shoots as long as she gets to go along.

Bob Malmstedt

6. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I just booked at the Hampton for a skeet shoot at Dupont Fish and Game which is just a few miles north of Millington. Booked online, It was $117 including the rather hefty hotel tax...not great but not bad compared to other places I have stayed and there is plenty of places to eat, etc at that location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.