1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for cheap hard gun cases

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whosyourdaddy, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whosyourdaddy

whosyourdaddy Member

I'm looking for a few inexpensive 44"-52" hard cases for my hunting guns. Looking for something better than a $10 Plano, but cheaper than a $200 Pelican. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

That is pretty much the choice. Good Luck

3. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

try Jeff's outfitters - his cases are excellent and affordable.

http://www.jeffsoutfitters.com/

4. fish and teach

fish and teach TS Member

My son got a "GameWinner" case at Academy for $40. Not the greatest thing, but it has for latches and I was able to cut the generic egg crate foam to fit his O/U fairly easily. It was right beside the $200 Pelican.

5. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

6. oletymer

oletymer Member

Just look for the made in china markings. You will be able to find something cheap.

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

You may find this amusing but I use appropriate lengths of 6" or 8" PVC drain pipe as travel cases for my guns. One end cap is glued on, the other is either friction fit or has a cleanout cap and screw-in plug glued on. Wrap the guns in the necessary foam and shove it in. They've ridden through every Canadian province on rocky mountain roads in a pickup truck bed with no damage at all.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.