1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for a case (stock and three barrels)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

Can anyone suggest a simple case in which I can carry my Remington 1100 with a total of three barrels (all fixed, 30full, 28mod, 26skeet). I'm using an old Cabela's case with foam innards. It is okay, but cumbersome. There has to be a hard case with three clots or, better, a soft one that will house all three.

I'm fairly computer savvy, but my searches so far have come up empty - except for options to order a custom case. That might be nice, but the prices seem to exceed the cost of the gun and the barrels.

2. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

John Hall Case will handle your automatic receiver and three barrels even though the case is designed for two break open recivers and three barrels. You may have to pull the bolt lever out to prevent it from sticking out into the barrel storage area .

John Hall cases are no longer manufactured, but turn up for sale on this sight time to time. The John Hall was the most compact of all cases.

You might post a listing under (wanted to Buy) elsewhere on T.S.

Surfer

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I did a search a few years back for a soft case but only came up with a two barrel breakdown case.

Takedown Weapon Case 35

http://www.bagmaster.com/cart/products/372/Takedown%20Weapon%20Case%2035.htm

There are a few brands on the market but that is what I went with.

I can move two cases (his and hers) both with a gun and two barrels (30 and 26) at the same time without problem as very light. Much lighter then my hard cases with more than one barrel.

If I was going to get a third barrel I would most likely just buy a second of the above and place the single barrel in the extra case as easy to transport.

4. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I have a 3 barrel Browning hard case will have to get it out and see if it will work. Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.