1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: PACT scale drift

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Capt. Morgan, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Aug 27, 2007
    I have a battery digital PACT that I wanted to try after reading about scale drift here. I didn't think battery-powered scales did it but mine wandered. I would calibrate, weigh a powder sample, get a weight, remove and weigh again, get a different weight (usually higher) and on and on...never the same weight twice.

My loading area is a maze of florescent lights, electric outlets and, I suppose, all sorts of energy fields. I went to my media closet and dug out a lead foil bag that I used to carry 35mm film in and stuck the scale into the bag as far as I could and still read it. No drift! I could weigh and remove a sample a dozen times and get the same weight every time; add a few shot pellets to a powder drop, weigh it, remove the shot...same weight I started with.

With the scale surrounded by lead top, bottom, back and sides it reads perfectly every time.

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Interressstinnng! Note accent. I'll log that away myself....Bob Dodd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pact scales problems