1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion for Lens Color

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hitapair, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

What lens color will make an all orange target standout against a bright white background? I looked at the desc of the Ranger lenses on one of the Ranger vendor sites and none of them are described as being for these conditions. Thanks for any input.

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Sorry, but lense color is tuffy. After talking to various suppliers/manufacturers, everyone's eye sensitivity is differant. I probably bought 3 sets of lenses before I got the right color. Some people will opt for the brown/orange tints and others the Vermillion/purple tints. All i know is the lighter the lense you can live with, the better. For your application, I use a mid dark vermillion.

3. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

As Dovecommander stated, hard to tell someone else. I use Decot light medium vermillion against green backgrounds. I just ordered Decot gold 15 Mon. Hope they work better against blue sky and white clouds. You can do a thread search here. Was quite a discussion some time back. Good luck --Steve

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

When I first began shooting trap, the only lens colors available were gray and yellow. Most shooters choose yellow. Later, different shades of red became popular. Now we have a wide variety of colors and I have used most of them. Purple was a favorite color of mine for some years but I have drifted back to Decot medium target bronze. I use this color for both shooting and driving. I like driving with shooting glasses. It gives me a spare set of glasses at a shoot if I ever need them. Target bronze is the most common color sold by Decot.

Pat Ireland

5. Jack Burch

Jack Burch TS Member

Ranger CMT work good in all bright conditions. They also work as a sun blocker.

6. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

I agree with Pat Ireland, I shoot a lot in snow and bright snowy conditions; CMT were good, purple was good, nix on vermillion, but a targrt orange works best. Start there. I also close my eyes between shots to save them from the glare of snow. I have blue eyes. I shoot 24-25`s regularly in NW Pa wind and cold and snow. Have fun, enjoy your shooting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.