1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggest places to shoot near Sandusky, OH

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Zara,

I used to live in SE Michigan for a time and you out to fit right in! He he he, just kidding. There are/were some nice clubs up that way, but it has long time since I was up that way.

ec90t

2. gridlock

gridlock Member

Jaqua's and Sportsmen Gun and Reel both within approx 45 min.of Sandusky. Depending when in May you will be in Sandusky,they both will be shooting reg.targets.

3. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Make sure you get to Jaquas! Great club with 18 traps and a gun store that you won't believe!

4. mobear

mobear Member

I believe that the closest trap club would be the one at camp perry, I think that they shoot on tuesdays, but will try to find out for sure.

The trip from sandusky to findlay is probably more like 1 1/2 hour drive

Dan

5. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

What do you want to shoot? Registered or off the record? We have a nice club within an hr from Sandusky that shoots ANNIE"s/2 man protection/ and practice.
    There is ,also, Toledo Trap which is ??? OK. If you want to shoot GAMES..I'll send directions to LAKELAND...and pick YOU as my protection partner ! Mapquest
    Stoney Ridge,Oh fro Lakelands....Great people..Great prices. Jaquas is an hour from us.

6. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Zarathrusta,
    I'll keep you in mind. Lakeland Conservation Club has 3 trap houses (1 being doubles..which I don't shoot).Open Tues/Thurs 6pm till ?? and Sunday Noon till the last shooter wants to leave. All houses are ATA specs. Costs are $3.25 per member and $3.75/non (sorry).Tuesdays are practice and $20 for 27yd protection team. Thursdays are practice and $12 for 5 rounds of 30yd Oakleys.I'm 57 and maybe the youngest shooter?? Not too many guns shot that aren't tried/true.Most guys are ATA or Past ATA and have nothing to do in the Winter(not that May would be winter).
    Our President was past Ohio State champ and handles a Mod 12 like he was weaned on it.We are probably 30min closer than Jaquas from Sandusky.The club is not listed.....just a word of mouth trutsee holding.When it gets closer to May..keep me posted.(I will pay for your 1st round of Oakleys !!...I get 1/2 the winnings).

7. rayman

rayman Member

Zarathruster,

You will be in an area that has all the shooting you can stand.

Fitchville, just south of Sandusky 1/2 hr. shoot every Weds. Night,protection only and 1 AO.
    Bucyrus south on Rt.4 40 minutes tops, shoots every Friday, protection and 50 bird single man program and a 40 bird protection program. There are 3 60 bird protection programs going on Sat.
    When you get in the area drop me an e-mail and I'll bring you up to speed on the area.

Ray

8. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

If you noticed ,I said PAST....most of them can't hit a 3rd bird from 100 yds.
    The treasurer shoots a Kriegkoff and can't break 25 out of 25 ???? The vise pres shoots a Perazzi and can't break anything at 16 yds, The Pres. is dangerous, because his Mod 12 can break them just before they hit the ground. WE do have one oldie who is so humble. He is maybe 80 years old ...and I can't beat him from 16 yds with Nitros.Seriously,it would be nice to see a Trapshooters.com person in person...and I will honor my "pay for your 1st round".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sandusky ohio trap shooting