1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggest 22 Rimfire Rifle Scope

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin77, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

I'm looking at rifle scopes for 22 rimfire, mostly for target use indoors up to about 25 yrds and outdoors to about 100 yrds....need a varible, good quality, medium priced ($200 OR less)...any suggestions..Thanks WC

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I've been using the Hawke Optics scopes for my 17 HMRs and .22s, as well as my benchrest 6.5x 47 Lapua. Absolutely great scopes with FREE software for programming the reticles! Check them out at the link above. VERY inexpensive as well !! BTW - most are "all caliber" rated including airguns. The Airmax series are just Super for .22s!

AndyH ;-)

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Stay with Leuplod. VX-III is your best grade of scope. You will not be sorry.

4. Dano

Dano TS Member

dolphin77,

The suggestion I have is that you check out the BSA Sweet 22 series of scopes.

The pricing is very economical and the optics are great. The sweet 22 scopes come with different turrets so you match the scope to rimfire bullet weight you are shooting.

They are a compensating style scope that lets you dial in the yardage to adjust the elevation when shooting. We use ours from 50ft indoors to as far as 200 yards when shooting gophers...as long as you can guess the yards right, the bullet is right on the money....

For indoor shooting you can set the paralax for the closer targets...Great scopes for a great price...Natchez seems to always have a great sale price on the BSA's...Just one thought out of many that you will receive...

5. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

""dolphin77" Wrote
    "I'm looking at rifle scopes for 22 rimfire, mostly for target use indoors up to about 25 yrds and outdoors to about 100 yrds....need a varible, good quality, medium priced ($200 OR less)...any suggestions..Thanks WC""

Almost any 1" (one inch) scope of rreasonable quality will run circles around every and any QUOTE "22" (the small tubed scope)!

My favorite set-up when I can barrow it from my dad has an old weaver K2.5 on a 10/22.

But as said any one inch tube will give you better vision, better field of view and easier pick up on your target. If you have ever tried to find that jackrabbit sitting in a grassy field at around a hundred yards, and just couldn't do it, you will know what I mean. If by chance you don't believe me, when you try to find that 100 yard shot in that little bitty peep hole, you'll learn!

So if you can find someone that keeps some around for show and teach and can get a test drive before you go smaller then one inch!

Al Lingham

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.