1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sugestions on radar guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Guy, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy

Guy Member

If you have Pat-traps, buy a chronograph (about $129) and a bracket for it......somebody on here can tell you where to get it (I think Bob Schultz). That set-up will be twice as accurate, day in and day out, no matter who uses it.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bob Schultz is the place to go. Just watch the upper right hand banners on this screen and his will pop up soon. The inexpensive radar guns will work well but they have some limitations. A chronograph mounted on a bracket will work well (they are not twice as accurate) but they have some limitations. A chronograph is much more sensitive to damage than radar guns.

I bought my own personal Pro Speed radar gun and that is what I prefer. It did cost a few bucks. One big advantage of the Pro Speed gun is that if you are traveling an Inter State Highway, you can turn on the gun and all of the trucks will move over out of your way.

The key is using whatever system you have correctly and consistently on each trap.

Pat Ireland

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Pat is right on with the Pro-Speed, well worth the extra money. I can not speak for his highway advice as we keep the gun at the club. :)There is no better person or company to deal with than Bob Shultz. The Pro-Speed measures in tenth's of MPH which is a great help in providing consistancy field to field. Good luck with it. Bob

4. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Prospeed

Regards

W&W

5. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

The Pocket Radar is worth a look. Mine works fine from the 16 yard line. It's available for $199.99 with free shipping at Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Radar-Personal-Speed/dp/B003IM6YAM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291124118&sr=8-1

[​IMG]

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

I also got my radar gun from Bob. At an important shoot, one of the volunteers got the club gun too close to the trap arm. OOPS! Anyhow, a call to Bob got a gun shipped early next day at a significant discount and saved the day. We could not use distance stakes as we are on a hillside. Some of the machines were new out of the box and had never been set. I am not arrogant enough to think I can set them by eye, 50+ years of shooting or not.

I paid for the gun and keep it with me when I go to a club where I belong. I prefer to use it in the house, as it only takes one person to set the target speed. We are chronically short on volunteers.

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Shooting Coach, Your last sentence speaks volumes of one of our unsung problems. Too many of todays shooters want to show up, shoot, and leave. Some volunteer has to do the work or all of our shooting fee's will escalate. I don't want to hijack the thread, but wanted to point out the importance of your comment. Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.