1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Substitute for MEC hydraulic cylinder

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by neo, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neo

neo Member

Has anyone come up with an aftermarket hydraulic cylinder that you can use on a 9000H loader that would be more reasonable than $170.00 from MEC? neo

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you find the supplier you should be able to get it for less.

They must purchase that part. I would check with A-C Supply.

HM

3. buckwheat

buckwheat TS Member

Check with any fluid power distributor in your area. You'll need to determine the bore and stroke of the cylinder as well as the distance from the front face of the cylinder to the end of the piston rod. The rod thread diameter and length of threads must determined in addition to the operating pressure.

I'm guessing but Clippard, Bimba, or Parker may have a cylinder that will do the job. These mini-cylinders are rated for air applications, but it takes about 5,000 PSI oil to fail them. (Not a recommendation, just a first hand observation in the lab)
    Dan

4. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Take a good look at your cylinder..some of them were able to be rebuilt. I had one done at a local hydralic supply shop. At least they can possibly help you find a suitable replacement.

Big Jack

5. chrisg

chrisg Member

Direct from Mec......When I had my 9000 rebuilt I was told there is a 5 year warranty on the cylinder. I got mine replace free, but they don't volunteer that information, you have to ask.
    c.g.

6. neo

neo Member

zz

7. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Try MSC. They list all kinds of cylinders - they also show who the manufacturer is, so it can be a starting point for your search.

Another source is McMaster-Carr, but they tend to be a bit more pricey.

I agree that a local hydraulics shop might be of help too. My local shop has been fantastic in troubleshooting all sorts of issues.

Good luck

David D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.