1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sub vet category

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kemper, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Will this category be at all the state shoots plus the satellite grands?

Barry Kemper

2. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

All the "New" categories are supposed to be included in any ATA shoot that gives All American points. I just wonder about the Dixie Grand that starts Monday. The ATA announced the new stuff just after the first of the year. Really not a lot of notice for those folks at "The Dollar" to get the job done. I would wonder what would happen if one of those All American shoots, say a State Shoot, decided not to comply due to money, logistics, whatever. Should be an interesting 2012 season........ya know...I'm just sayin'.......Uncle Sam, Pa.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Barry,

The new categories will be at all Point Shoots (State Shoots, Satellite Grands, ATA Zone Shoots, Other Major Shoots, and the Grand American.)

Trophies may not be available at all the shoots, but All American Points Pins, at least, will be awarded.

4. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Thanks Scott.

Barry Kemper

5. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Kemper Not Ohio. Read Cogan's letter to the ATA and their response on the OSTA web page. Ohio will still have the true AA points though lots of cash for the winners, but saddly for some no yah, yah ribbons. Brad

6. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

It's too bad that the State Associations and their respective Delegates (from most states) did not have the cahonies to stand up to the EC and tell them where to put this idea.

Tim

7. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

So this is like the old defunked Industry category?

Did the delegates vote on the abandonment of that category?

Just saying.

Barry Kemper

8. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Another category is the dumbest damned thing I've heard in a long time.

On another thread someone mentioned the skeeters categories. We're getting just like the Special Olympics. Everybody wins. Everybody is a champion.

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I was classified for the Dixie today, declared sub Vet. Jake

10. geeber

geeber Member

When I classified today at the Silver Dollar, for the Dixie Grand, they were asked me if I wanted to declare sub-vet.

Gary B.

11. Donm

Donm Active Member

Tim. Most state assoc. can't do real much it is up to the Delegate to be our go between. At our BOD meeting last Saturday I was told by our delegate that I was out of line for voicing my opion on this site and our state web site. I had sent a e-mail to the ATA Pres. and again I was told that he would not answer because I voiced my opion. I guess the ATA EC will only answer your e-mails and phone calls if you agree with them. They apparently don't have the cahonies to answer if you disagree especially if they had any forsite they would have seen that what they did will only send more shooters away due to the higher costs pasted on due to the added trophies and daily fee's. That is the reason for declining shooter numbers, not lack of trophies.

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Post the names of these people so we can do the right thing come election time. HMB

13. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

By all means put their names out there. ATA is starting to sound like a yacht club. What the commodore and his cronies want is what everyone gets.

rm

14. Terry L A

Terry L A TS Member

Feels like an old guy with a bag of candy "come here little shooters, I have a trophy for you"!!

15. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

For those who don't care for the special category classifications - just don't declare - it isn't mandatory!

2012 Rule Book Page 18 -All Ladies, Sub-juniors, Junior, Veterans, and Senior-Vets must declare their special category at the time of classification in any registered tournament if they wish to compete as a category shooter. Without
    such declaration, the contestant will not be allowed to compete for the
    applicable category trophy.

Regards

W&W

16. TjayE

TjayE Member

The problem isn't whether or not you declare for special category, the problem is the increase in fees to pay for the special category trophies. The oldtimers are a big part or the ATA organization and the increase in fees is driving them away.

A concerned ATA member.

17. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Go to the Attention Ohio Shooters thread and read Ohio's respose from President Don Cogan. Brad

18. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

I'm classifying shooters at the Dixie today and yesterday and I would say 98% of the shooters that can be a sub vet are taking it.I would say that if this holds it will be the biggest category by far.Also I would guess 98% or more are taking the reductions and some have already gained some of it back today.

Nice weather and good shoot.The sky has not fallen YET:)

Terry Dean

19. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

So, after a year or so everyone gets their yardage back. Do we start over with another 2 yard reduction?

20. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

If people are registering as sub vet at both the Florida Hall of Fame and the Dixie, RJ Stuart isn't showing any scores for them. Guess the program has not been updated for the new cat. No scores, no trohpies, should be an interesting Dixie to say the least..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.