1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sub-Junior ATA Shooters

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by deadeyedukewannabe, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadeyedukewannabe

deadeyedukewannabe TS Member

I haven't shot registered clays yet, but am considering it. I'm 15 and not sure what type of equipment I need. Are blinders necessary, how about a rest for your gun? I'm not sure if reloads are allowed, or any of the regs. If you have input, it's appreciated. Also I'm struggling on stations 1 and 5, I'm not sure where I'm missing, probably behind, but if you have any ideas to become better on those stations, I'll check back later.

Thank you, deadeyedukewannabe - Amy

2. deadeyedukewannabe

Thankyou. Just one question, when you say a foot off the corner of the house do you mean a visual foot from standing at say post five or do you mean a foot off of the actual corner, say I were to go measure, which of course I wouldn't. Sorry to be a bother.

Amy - deadeyedukewannabe

3. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Amy,

Blinders are not mandatory like glasses and ear plugs. If you get distracted by movement out of the side of your eyes then get them. Blinders do offer protection from particles from wind and/or shooters with ported guns shooting next to you.

A gun rest is also optional. If you get tired holding up your gun get one. If you shoot a semi-automatic, please do not load a shell in the gun when it is resting on the rest.

Reloads are ok as long as the recipe is for a load below the maximum velocity. Also amount of shot and shot size must not exceed the maximum.

There is a link to the ATA rulebook on the ATA website, link above.

Ask for help at your range. See if you can get a trap to yourself, have the trapper lock the trap to throw your problem target(s). Ask one of the better shots for help. If there is a clinic by any of the top guns take it.

Jason

4. deadeyedukewannabe

Thank you for the advice, I will definately do that. Good luck shooting.

Amy

5. deadeyedukewannabe

Thank you Jamie and Jason for the advice. Good luck this season, hopefully it warms up soon.

deadeyedukewannabe - Amy

6. beretta bry

beretta bry TS Member

Amy,

Just like what the above posts say, I hold about six inches on the outside of the house, this is from the front corner as if you were standing on 1 or 5. You can shoot reloads in ATA unless the program for that shoot says different. Also eye and ear pertection is required. As wave rider said, taking a clinic from one of the top guns would definately help. If you have any more questions you are more than welcome to shoot me an e-mail, just drop the x's.

Bryan Hull

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.