1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sub-gauge tube set

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trinketshooter, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Thanks again to all the folks that took the time to respond to my questions on which tube set to buy. It seemed that there were several more posters that were dissatisfied with customer service issues involving Kolar than with Briley. I do like the fact that Briley provides four chokes with each gauge compared to the two provided by Kolar. Some indicated that Briley didn't seem to be interested in selling them a set of tubes. When I called and spoke to Gary at Briley, I found him to be very friendly, informative and eager to provide me with service. I ordered a set of Ultimate Ultralites with an Americase to hold it all. I am looking forward to trying them out.
    Neil

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Neil, did you get the Revolution tubes or the standard grade tubes. I have the Revo's in the Ultimate Ultralites (strait rifleing)and they are clay crushing machines. You will be very happy. They also took about 2 weeks longer to get than Gary told me as well. Do have them do the trigger conversion if you need it, and get the barrel weight from them as well. So gun is the same without the tubes in it for shooting the 12 ga. So when is somebody faster than promised. LOL. Break-em all. Jeff

3. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Hi Jeff, I was told that there was only one type of chamber being offered at this time. I don't know the name of the chamber that was discontinued, but Gary told me that they were having problems with the ejectors on the one that was no longer being offered. How long have you had your tube sets? Neil

4. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

With all due respect to Pull & Mark, and with the certainty that his Revolution style tubes will provide him good service for years, the fact remains that Briley foisted off a number of design changes which solved non-existant or minimal problems in an effort to artificially discriminate their product from Kolars.

The Draw Tite design was a bust and the Revolution design followed it to the design graveyard and now they are back to offering the traditional chamber/ejector design only.

Marketing...ain't it great. LOL

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think the revolution is still offered- I have a set and think they were their best design

For all the people that bashed Kolars- I think it is like 80 or 85 percent of the winners- all classes and gauges at the world skeet shoot- won with Kolar tubes

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

The draw locks are great , but were droped because of patent problems. Not design. Gene , werent all those winners shooting Kolar guns ? I dont think any of them would have Briley's . LOL. Jeff

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

actually they mainly shot Krieghoffs with Kolar tubes--

In my mind though Kolar and Briley are both good products

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. blooch

blooch Member

Before anyone gets to excited about Kolars.......the two biggest dogs shoot for either maker, Wayne shoots Kolar, Todd shoots Briley. Wayne used to tell the story that the only reason he shoots Kolar is that Briley would not top Kolars offer.......I think they are both great products and anyone could shoot either one and do well, it just so happens Kolar spends a lot more time and money pushing their product to skeet shooters and Briley is into all forms of shotgun rifle and pistol games. Doesn't hurt to have your original owenr's daughter give you free advertising either.

9. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

What's the difference between the Revolution and the standard chambers?Neil

10. blooch

blooch Member

Standard chambers have the extractor dovetailed into the chamber and Revolution chambers have an extractor which is a piece of tubing sleeved onto the chamber and the extractor part of the tube is about 1/2 the way around the chamber, whereas the standard extractor is only about the same part of the cirlce around the chamber as the gun's extractor, usually less than 1/4 of the diameter.

11. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Jeff - the draw locks may have been dropped due to patent issue, but they were none the less not setting the market on fire and I have yet to hear anyone lament their passing.

I stand by my statement, the entire draw lock and revolution design initiatives were a primarily a marketing ploy and nothing more.

By the by, I have both Kolar and Briley tubes and have not found any significant reason to favor one over the other besides Briley's superior "no questins asked" policy on choke tube exchange.

12. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

The drawlocks were only out 3 months ,there was no time to set anything on fire. There are several sets in use here with zero problems. I have seen good things and bad from both manufacturers products. We agree that Briley's exchange and repair policy is better . Also the cost of extra chokes is at least a third less from Briley. No bias, just the truth. As a company you can try new things or keep there head in the sand. Just my opinion. Jeff

13. skeet100

skeet100 Member

Briley is best.

I have Kolar............

Long story but I have learned my lesson !!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.