1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Style, Grammar & Spelling on TS.Com

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Earl4140, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

(ShotShell) Harv: Thanks so much. I realize my posts have been sucking. I'm rushing, trying to get to the Club, Vet or Shoneys. I have absolutely no Memory. For serious posts, I print them out and take a little care with quotes.

For these real time on the rush notes I've been copying the Post to my input sheet and chopping it up to reply to each point. I should have removed the skeleton after drafting my reply.

How is your shell inventory? Here (Knoxville) the selection at Dick's is limited to 1 1/8 @ 1200&+ f/s. I'm dickering with Dick's (npi) for 20 flats of one ounce 7 1/2 @ 1290 f/s. My take is the shooters are maximizing inventories. IMHO this is good. When the shooters run out of money shot shell prices should tumble.

My work is done on the other thread. I've arranged for buses to Sarasota, the rest is up to the ATA.

I've ordered a Shot Shell Ballistics book from Amazon. I could not find a program on the WEB. There's boo coo Rifle/Pistol data, but alas, no Shotgun data.

I want to determine the difference in arrival time of 1145 f/s and 1290 f/s at the target shooting 24 yard handicap. I bought the 1290 f/s one ounce loads because they were cheap and reliable. Now I feel uncomfortable with 1145 at 24 yards and think the breaks are delayed.

I want to take another look at the maximum velocities of 7/8 oz and 1 oz loads when the respective energies equal the energy of the maximum 1 1/8 oz 1290 f/s load. I'm sure you realize that with a PFS the maximum load can be shot holding the butt plate to your nose.

My shooting buddy has a PFS that he can't abide. He is going to give it to me. I tried to give him two boxes of Field Loads and he wouldn't take them. I can't brook recoil. I'm going to use the PFS with my test bed gun for the maximum velocity 7/8 and one ounce loads.

I've acquired a 3" chamber single barrel hammer gun. I'm going to keep it under wraps for Miss and Outs at night, shooting 2 ounces of copper plated BBs. Cordially, Earl Hamman 87-00624

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The time difference is 0.012 seconds, Earl.

(You will love the program, this took less than a minute!)

Neil

3. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

Mr. Winston, should this interval be obvious to me from viewing the targets? I think that I can see that 1145 f/s is slow, am I nuts? Thanks, Earl

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Darn right you can see it, Earl! It seems impossible, but you can.

Neil

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Earl.....slow down baby! You moving to fast and furious! There IS a tomorrow! You gonna burn it out if you ain't careful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.