1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sturm, Ruger stock at new high

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Finprof, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

On CNBC this morning, mention was made of Sturm, Ruger and Company (RGR) stock hitting new highs. It is up about 60% in the last month during a month when the market has been tanking.
    The discussion among the commentators turned to buying guns and buying canned goods e.g SPAM vs. Chef Boy-Ar-Dee. One of the commentators mentioned talking to several neighbors about buying a gun - people who had never purchased a gun before and live within an easy commute to New York City.
    I thought that purchasing an AR-type rifle was almost impossible, perhaps due to a reimposition of the Assault Weapons (sic) Ban, but didn't know about the general demand for firearms in general.
    Maybe Bushmaster and Remington can keep Cerberus in business long enough to support Chrysler.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Ruger is 80,000 units behind demand. One our local gunstore owners was at a manufacturing show last week. The estimated backlog on AR's is over 150,000 units.

3. Setterman

I'm not sure about that. Try to buy a Rock River Varmint for $800 right now. Good AR's are $300-400 more than last Sept.

4. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I don't know where 221 is but he sure isn't in the midwest. We are on waiting lists for ARs for our shop. We can get most ammo but sporadically on some military sizes.

5. Setterman

10/4 Savage, I know of 10 plus guys waiting for anything they can get. Our distributor says he will not get lowers for 5-6 weeks.

6. Setterman

221, In the midwest, the .223/5.56 guns "Wylde" chamber guns don't exist.
    Sure, you might see a Camo Remington pop up here or there, but it will be way overpriced.

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Lower the comb.

Tron

8. Setterman

Tron, what are you smoke'n tonight? (Oh... I get it, "Ruger stock at new high"...lower the comb".) Geez.

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Well I went to a gun show last weekend looking for .223 ammo. None to be found!! Saw a couple of AR guns, and I mean just a couple, also one guy had a couple of Mini 14 ranch rifles.

I went looking for .223 ammo and came home with a 45 auto.

10. Setterman

221, I suppose Savage 99 is FOS too? Why would I want to argue, and who gives a rat's butt anyway. And by the way, I ordered parts from Ruger this week for a Blackhawk. Deva told me how far behind in sales and service they were. You want her number at the office?

11. 5spd

5spd TS Member

I have in hand a NIB R15 and will have 5 lowers & 8 lpks for sale this Wednesday for you all that cant find them....No I aint a giving them away either....:)

12. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Setterman et all....
    Wise Wildlife Solutions has RRA AR15s .223/5.56 (wylde) in stock down in Decatur, TX. He has them all the time & has more coming in weekly. Ships anyplace USA. Linky above.....)

13. Setterman

5spd, thanks for the info. I'll pass it on to the guys at the club. The supply problem must be a regional thing. Maybe 221 is from the South West too, but no need on his part to get snippy.

Thanks again.

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

In the shop on Wed.,,,,Bushmaster Patrolman was $2,200,,,,sure if you want to pay $1,000 more than a gun is worth, you can "find" them,,,,9mm and .223 is ultra scarce here in N. Texas

15. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

So, I clicked on 5spd's link, then on Wise Wildlife's Rock River Arms rifles link, and I got three pages of Gunbroker listings with not one AR-15 in the bunch. So now who's FOS?

16. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Whats this,

Shoot out with Sturm and Ruger at high noon?

I know how it ends I read the book.

17. Setterman

I went to Gunbroker's site too. About 5 complete Rock River Rifles, the rest are stripped lowers or other accessories. I didn't bother checking the other listings. The point is, if you want a varmint grade, your gonna wait. I bought my RR Varmint off the shelf last August for $788.

18. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Can I take a little of the top and refinish?

19. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

The Small gun store in Monroe Mi. has about 150 nice hanguns mostly .45's in all the top brands. The have 2 used AR's at $1,100 each.

The have tons of $25 a box ammo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.