1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stupid Question??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 2str8, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2str8

2str8 TS Member

I saw some different shooting last week and I was wondering what is the difference between five stand and sporting clays? Is sporting clays shooting the same kind of targets with more walking? Thanks for the help.

2. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Your definition of sporting clays as 'five stand with more walking' sums it up very well. Cheers.

LA

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Way too many doubles thrown in sporting clays lately to suit me. Report pairs, true doubles and not enough singles in the mix for my liking.

You get a good sampling of both in five stand. I do like the FITASC(sp?) shooting, all kinds of shots available and the gunstock is held at high waist level till the clay appears. That and 5 stand are the fun games for me. Hap

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Come on Hap. True pairs are the only way sporting should be shot. It keeps you on your toes and doesn't give you time to think. Only thing better is using a slide gun!

2str8,

5 stand is kind of a introductory way of shooting sporting. There are quite a few clubs that don't have the land for a sporting course, but do for a 5 stand or two. Try it sometime.

ec90t

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

So far true points but additionally, in 5 stand, you have a squad of up to 5 shooters all at their stations and they shoot in rotation like Trap, but you have the added pressure of a different menu at each station requiring much more rapid analysis of how to take your bird(s) with each turn.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

5-stand = lite Sporting Clays

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Where I shoot, it is 25 targets, but you need to take more than 25 shells.

At each station it is 1 single, at which you can shoot twice (hence extra shells) plus two pair of doubles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.