1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Students at Penn State

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by blade819, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

To all the students who rioted last night at PENN State, and also their Parents.... I hope you are real proud of all the mayhme and damage that you caused last night while defending your Morally Incompetent Football Coach! Apparently your disregard for the victims mattered less. I hope the Police get out the rubber bullets!

blade819

2. blade819

Rick....I get unhappy and very intolerant when it comes to Child Molestation. Makes no difference who the person is, Democrat or Republican.

blade819

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Before they go out to riot, they should read this.

4. shadow

shadow Active Member

Just think---once they graduate with their degrees in art,political science,bird watching ,etc and have a mountain of student loans to pay off and no real jobs they can join the OWS bunch and get free room and board in jail !!!!

5. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Blade DITTO!!

6. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Don't get what you want, throw a fit and tear up someone else's stuff. 'bout normal for some kids!!.....merlyn

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

merlyn,

You are absoultely right. It's sickening. The "everybody owes me something" attitude is at the root of alot of it. I was raised and taught that if you want something you work hard to get it. Too many kids these days want everything handed to them. These kids pulling this stunt at Penn State are the same ones.

Matt

8. blade819

Rick Barker... a trend may be starting here. I AGREE WITH YOU!(again). These so called students of higher learning at PENN State who tore the place up last night were more concerned with drinking beer and raising hell in the name of Jo Pa. But yet if it were their baby Brother or even themselves who were molested and then have a 9 year cover up, they would be the first in line for the many, many civil lawsuits that will eventually be filed. Matt Millen was crying on ESPN last night (PENN St. 76-79) because of the way Paterno is closing out his carerr. It took him 15 mins of crying to acknowledge that the children are the ones who should get the attention and apoligies. What a puke Matt Millen! This whole thing makes me sick. Paterno and Sandusky and everyone else who was involved in this cover up can all rot in hell as far as I'm concerned!

blade819

9. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Didn't the students riot because of football? "I want my football program left alone" Is that what they are saying?

10. blade819

No... they were carrying JoPa I luv u signs. Chanting his name. Turning over tv trucks and drinking beer.

blade819

11. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Why do they love Jo Pa? Just so they can turn over TV trucks & get pepper sprayed? I can recruit some sports dip$h!^s from vancouver to join the meelee.

Its pathetic. "I luv Jo Pa"

12. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Blade, rubber bullets hell, use real ones.

GneJ

13. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Would make me feel a little better if it were the parents of the children coming after Jerry Sandusky, the Perp.

No excuse for the TV truck.

14. det131

det131 Member

Ok, let's see.

The students start out emptying onto the streets in support of their beloved JoPa who has been such a major influence and part of Penn State for most of his life. Don't think any of them go out with the intent to destroy property or to even imply that his actions/inactions regarding the behavior of the pervert were correct or excusable. Insert a little alcohol (or a lot) and a couple of assh***s to get things started and the situation becomes inflamed and begins to spread. Mob mentality and it is not just the students that are guilty of fanning the flames. Kind of like using a cup of gasoline to put out those last dying embers in your fireplace and being surprised when your house burns down.

Do you know the group that protests the funerals of fallen soldiers', can't recall them off the top of my head, is reportedly headed to the area? Think their not going to put more gas on the fire?

How about you? Ever been in a similar situation? What about the times one of your friends has obviously had too much to drink and gets in his car to drive home or anywhere else? What if he/she does it repeatedly? What did you do? Did you stop him? Did you try? Did you call the police and give them all the information and route of travel? Did you tell someone else, the bartender, a family member, let them take care of it? At least I did something, my conscience is clear. Did you follow up to make sure it doesn't happen again? What if you didn't see any of this, just heard about. What do you do then? He is your friend after all. He's been locked up before, he's had accidents before, other people know about his problem. Why do I have to be the bad guy?

So your repeat offender friend eventually kills somebody's child on the way home, maybe even yours. Are you just as responsible as your friend? You could have prevented it you know; of course you were not under any legal obligation to do so. (May not be true in JoPa's case even though he had no direct knowledge, being part of an educational facility he does have a special responsibility.) Certainly you, as did JoPa, have a moral responsibility to see that your friend's behavior would not have jeopardized anyone. Did you go back to the bartender to make sure he called the police; did you make sure his family took his vehicle away; did you make sure there was always a designated driver for him? If none of them did it did you make it your responsibility to see it was done? How much could you do?

Think of all the good you did in your life that now turns to sh** because you didn't make that extra effort to single out the wrongdoing of a friend or co-worker. I don't think the students are supporting JoPa for his actions/inactions in the current situation. Just celebrating/supporting the legacy he gave to the school throughout his career. Their riotous conduct is not excusable.

Can't compare the nature of the offenses committed here? You're right, but don't try to tell that to the parent whose lifeless child is now spread across the highway, and you did nothing. Used the DUI analogy since almost everyone has been exposed to a situation like that at one time or another, perhaps even some of you have been that driver.

Oh, and JoPa needs to go, as does anyone else that did not see to it that the offender was brought to justice in a swift manner, for the peace of his victims and the protection of his potential victims. No respect for any of those who did not take the actions they know they should have. Would there have been a scandal then, of course, but you'd be able to respect them for doing what was right. The school and students would recover from that. I'm afraid they will be forever tarnished now.

It will be interesting to see how the scope and all the legal issues in this work out. Don't envy the DA who's lap this all falls into.

Jim

15. blade819

Now ESPN had Franco Harris on crying. Give me a break!

16. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Quit wasting time and money...just "Kent State" a couple of the wannabe rioter's and it'll be over before you can say Un-Happy Valley.

Curt

FEAB9

17. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

It would be great for all those that participated in the riot to get expelled from the University and be made to pay back any money they had received for their education before they could go anywhere else!!!!!

They rely on the annonimity of the mob to cover their criminal actions. Kill a few of those assholes rioting and it would make the others think twice about their behavior. OH thats right, they are not responsible for their actions, ITS ALWAYS someone else's fault...

Oscar Ray

18. goony

goony Active Member

In Missouri the coach would have been considered a "Mandated Reporter" which would have obligated him to report the incident to law enforcement not his superiors at the University. In my opinion he should be prosecuted and held liable for punitive damages in civil court from the victims. As for these students they should be expelled.

Years ago while I was working as a police officer a co-worker told a group of us that he still showered with his 13 year old daughter. After determining that he was serious I reported it to the DFS hotline. He was later terminated, no charges were ever fined. When he dies he will be having breakfast with Hitler.

19. clayscoach

clayscoach Member

Much of this is a major problem with our society in general! We have raised BRATS that think they are entiled because they went to school to get the MBA that is driven by their parents, schools and the high end business community. On yeah, my kid has a MBA!!! And he will make a $100+ Grade a year in a short time. In my industry we were beggin for kids to get vocational educations and practial skills, so they could be the HANDS ON productive workers, but no many are driven to get the less practial skill set, (it is all about $$$) and now look at them. Tearing up things because they are not wanting to pay back a $100+ edcational loan that is now going to get then SH-T in this evironment. So what to they do find a cause like (PENN State & Occupy) and any other Situation to Fu-k it up for everyone. NO WAY, they should all be caught and be in Prison, maybe in CUBA!

20. blade819

clayscoach..... I tend to agree with you. Who's at fault? We the parents. I say WE because it's the Baby Boomers who try to give their Children what they didn't have at their age. We are all guilty of it to soem extent.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.