1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck Pat Trap.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grunt, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Club Pat Wobble Trap stuck in the left hand quarter, Wont move and pump is running and pumping against a high pressure. We switched to manual and try ed to make machine move but didn't have any luck. no movement at all using buttons. Pump belt is fine and adjusted. Plenty of fluid in reservoir. Its got us puzzled. We also pushed the buttons on the solenoids to make sure they werent stuck.

2. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

We've had this problem once or twice. I've never performed the fix myself, but according to Pat you need to put a screwdriver in the hole at the end of each solenoid and hit it. I don't know how hard a knock it takes, like I said, I've never seen it done.

You could call Pat, that's what we did the first time it happened.

Scott

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

We found some stuck bearings on our unit, there are grease fittings at the locations, I guess our maintinence guy didnt see those. Evertime we have a problem, we flush hydrolics clean the complete unit, got through the directions. Our always seemed to get stuck from doubles back to singles???? One tip. If you are not going to get PAT to do it. Figure out 1 or 2 guys to be the pat trap guys. Last time our trap acted up there where 20hands all over it. and someone took the manual home?????it finally showed up one day. It took us a little while to get things back to normal. Luckily pat traps are not to prone to problems.

4. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Setter -

You should probably call the people at Pat and pass that last bit of advice on to them.

Scott

5. grunt

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Sounds like it got itself stuck outside the left limit switch. Try moving the switch toward the middle, put it on manual, move it up to the switch, shut the machine OFF--------then move the limit switch back over where it belongs. That might get the machine back between the limit switches, worth a try anyway? I had something similar sounding happen to one of our Pats just last fall & as I recall that was how I fixed it.

John C. Saubak

7. mykgrox

mykgrox TS Member

if you still have this problem, please give me a call. pat trap will be closed for week or so 813-277-6543 vince valois trap mech.

8. grunt

Thanks all for the tips. Ill keep you posted on what works in our case. Merry Christmas.. Dave

9. WTW

WTW Member

Turn the machine on and cock it. put it in the manual post and then push the right or left button depending on which way it need to go. You don't need to move any of your angle switches. If this does not work you may need to call Pat Trap. They are always willing to help.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, remember Christmas is all about the birth of Jesus !

Good Luck Ted

10. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I too agree with Jonh and think it just passed the limit switch. Been a while since I had to fix one. Was easy to move and then set limit switch closer of replace it if bad. Ray...

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

99 % chance it got past the limit switch, as others say here. when that happens it goes to the end of the travel and lays there groaning.

Shut off, restart and manual back to center.

works for me.

HM

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Vince has offered both his help and phone number. I would call him soon. He is a great trap mechanic now probably just loafing around Silver Dollar. Vince is the one the ATA calls when there are trap problems at the Grand.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.