1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck on the 27

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by otnot, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otnot

otnot Active Member

I always wanted to be here but damn it's hard to come by a decent score.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Welcome to the 27.

Pat Ireland

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Jim, I finally made it on 9/11 last year. I am sure this year I will feel your pain. Bill

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

As many of us on the 27 yard line already know, getting here is easy..... Staying here is the hard part.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Winning anything from there is harder than staying there!!

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I call it the YO YO yard line. My scores are up and down, up and down.

Don

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Ain't it a hoot!!

Curt

8. rick979

rick979 Active Member

I would gladly take a reduction.....if they would send me one!! Rick ~~~Texas

9. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Congrats you made the 27yd line! On most days you will find that is too far away!

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Yep It's fun when your in the groove, Just can't get into the "zone" enough.

11. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Bill Grill, good for you! I thought it was only Junior, glad to hear it. That's a date easily remembered, on THE 9/11 I caught my first striper on a fly line and was thinking how that was special and I'd never remember when it happened. As I was heading back in enjoying the beautiful bright sunny morning I heard on the radio about a plane hitting the first tower and was clueless as to what was really happening. Different world, isn't it? What a shame, our grand children will never know or appreciate what we had. God bless us, Bob

12. otnot

otnot Active Member

Hell I had to get prescription glasses just to see that far. No Kidding! It's crazy, you can be running them and all of a sudden you forget how to shoot and drop several in a row. LOL I will give it 2,000 targets then if I can't average 90 I will start taking reductions. Sure wish I was stuck on the 24.

13. clyslr

clyslr Member

I ran 500 16s one time to win the southwest zone, and I still can't keep a good average at the 27. I've made the 27 at least 6 times in 20 years.

ClaySlayer (Dennis)

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I wanna go back to the 21 and stay there for the next 30 years. All the powers at the ATA need do is change a few rules to benefit me instead of the so called "pros". Oops, I'm 62 now and I doubt I'll live that long. Most of us who are stuck at the fence soon realize we don't really belong there. According to some, all I need to do is practice a few thousand more rounds and look out Leo.

Maybe I should invest that much time, energy and money in improving my Golf game. After a few million swings over several decades and look out Tiger. I'm already planning my approach in dealing with those hundreds of groupies licking their lips in anticipation of my every shot.

Same fantasy-different game!!

15. KaboK80

KaboK80 TS Member

I have been stuck there for 22 years and Ray Greb keeps telling me my reduction is in the mail. I'm getting tired of waiting at the mail box!

16. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I would like to know what year I made the 27. Can I find out on line?

17. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I made the 27 at the Grand (2 yds) and somebody told me it was "sticky " yardage. I'd be sticking there for at least 2 years. So it's been 2 years and
    like Martin Luther King said "thank God Almighty I'm free at last" I'm asking for a 9 yard reduction. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.