1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck on the 21-yard line?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Husky44, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Fun times for sure..

2. Shawn

Shawn Member

Wow "shooting league, non-registered shoots from the 25-27 yard line I shoot 98-100 consistently"

You should request a move to the 25 yard line and then get to some of the bigger shoots and start making money.

Anything over a 95% average from the 27 yard line is exceptional.

Make sure you get to Sparta this year you would have a real chance at the 100k.

Shawn

3. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need to concentrate on your 21 yard shooting in practice. While you are developing good skills shooting the different disciplines, if you want to make it further back, you need to practice that event. Perhaps if you only shot 21 yard handicap for a couple weeks? Just a thought.

4. Trapboy1957

Trapboy1957 TS Member

If true... Its gun hold and gun movement speed.Jr

5. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Shoot them 21 yard targets just like you do 16 yard tagets, very little difference.

Rick

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I have to agree with ShawnMcNeil. You need to request, no, INSIST to be put on the 25 today! With your 98 average and all, you'll be on the 27 in no time and those pesky 21 yard birds will be a thing of the past.

JK

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

What choke are using? Turkey? XX-Full?

8. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Husky,

I was stuck at the 22 1/2 yard line for 2 1/2 years. And it took me 1 1/2 years to get there. I got really close to getting a punch so many times hitting 94's and 95's, but never a 96. I understand your frustration. But don't get discouraged because it doesn't happen when you want it to.

If you relax and go out and shoot to enjoy shooting, it will happen. I found that when I went out to the line with the idea in mind that I was going to beat these stinkin' targets to death, something would always happen and I would get more frustrated.

One thing you might try is to focus on something small on the ground in front of you and don't take your eyes off of it until it's your turn to shoot. I find that my mind starts wandering in between shots, and that's when I miss.

Good luck and don't give up.

Kevin

9. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

You are putting too much pressure on yourself. Try shooting registered playing no money options. One less thing to clutter your mind. It sounds like your known ability on long yardage could possibly earn you yardage. Request it. This should help relieve your pressure. Clyde

10. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

11. SPORTALLURING

SPORTALLURING Active Member

Sounds like you`re ready for the Grand. If you don`t have the required targets for handicap you will be placed on the 25 yard line. Go, shoot well and you will no longer be on the 21 yard line. Problem Solved....

Sportalluring

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

No shame in shooting bad at short yardage and with excellence at the 27. Look in the T&F Average book and you'll see that about .01% or less can average in the "high ninety % from the 27. You're a very rare bird and I'll forward this info to the CHC for you - if you like. OK?

13. Crickets

Crickets Member

know how you feel. i moved up to A class in the 1st year, but can never get over 95 from the 20yrd line, and when I'm the high score there isn't enough people shooting to move up. Next year I will only shoot caps.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If ...... "from the 25-27 yard line I shoot 98-100 consistently" ....

I agree with User 1 here. Perhaps you could teach some of the All Americans something.

Leo Harrison III~~~~~~~95.10% from the 27

Harlan Campbell Jr~~~~~~~94.31% from the 27

Ray Stafford~~~~~~~~93.87% from the 27

Just say'n............................................

15. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

This makes no_sense_what_so_ever. I'd like to observe this phenomenon for myself.

16. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

I think you are over exaggerating your success at the 27. Shoot practice at your yardage, don't worry the punches will come. keep your focus on breaking birds, not how many, break them all -they are paid for!

17. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Maybe he averages 98 out of 200?

JK

18. showdawg

showdawg TS Member

Are you a one eye shooter? are you using 1 oz loads? do you stack the beads or not? where is your hold point on the house? do you use full choke? by the way what Kind of gun do you shoot?? Any of these things could be your problem ........... Not Really, sounds like you need to "bear down" on the 21 and get yourself a punch or two.

19. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Where'd he go?

20. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Barry--Would you not hide too? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.