1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck Mec Grabber

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Anyone have any suggestions why my Mec Grabber handle "sticks" on the upstroke after pulling the handle down to - deprime,prime,drop powder and shot, crimp, etc.

If "feels" like there is a problem with the collet resizer - but since I haven't taken it apart I can't see any obvious piece of shot stuck anywhere.

On the upstroke it takes a pretty good push to make the handle return all the way to the top - it is a point about half way up when the problem is felt - and once past the sticking point everything is okay again.

Any suggestions ?

2. MX-15L

MX-15L TS Member

I am having the same problem. I found that, I think, the problem is between the collet and the resizeing ring. I sprayed some oil onto the area of the collet while the ring is in the up position. That seems to releive the problem...for a while. There must be a build up of anti-seize on one or the other. Hope that helps.

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

a small amount of never sieze on the collet fingers will smooth things and it will last longer than oil, apply with a Qtip sparingly.

4. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

amboy49

remove the bolt on the actuator rod {see pic} and see if it still does it if it does it is no in resizer and if if stops doing it it can be a couple of things

1) take the collet and closure off and wash with hot soapy water and dry, put antiseize on the inside of the closure nut only not the collet and reassemble.

2) the actuator rod is sticking with dried grease etc, to remove it and clean you all most have to dissemble the hole loader to get it out.

if need more help with this please email or PM

thanks
    lee

5. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Thanks for that tip Birddog 1964. Had not thought about that bit of troubleshooting. Bill H.

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

After removeing the Collet resizer and cleaning it and the resizing ring, I say a nice coating of graffit grease. Same as my garage door opener needs. Not to heavy, go easy with it. This grease will not pick-up very much dirt and will work well for some time before it needs to be cleaned and re-greased again. You must start with well cleaned parts and get the dirt (lead) out first!!! Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Take the collet apart and clean it. If it's been in use for a while you might be surprised what you will find in there.

8. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

excellent step by step on Shotgun world

Only error is the way he takes out a master link, ouch!

regards

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

When you get out the can of never-seize, don't be surprised if you look like the tin woodsman whan you're done. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec grabber 76 actuator rod

mec grabber sticking handle on upswing

mec reloader stuck in up position