1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck Choke

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JGS, Jul 18, 2013.

1. JGS

JGS Member

I have a stuck choke tube and I have researched suggestions that have been offered on TS.com. I tried the suggestion of putting the barrel in a freezer and it didn't work. My question is: If I soak my barrel in something like Kroil or P B Blaster, will it harm the front sight or cause the front sight to become loose as the sight will be submerged in the solution? Thanks.

2. JGS

JGS Member

TTT

3. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Try plugging the muzzle and pouring a bbl cleaner into the bbl. and let it stand. I had a Pgun that the choke tube was never out of for 8 yr.s. I used Free-gun, a bbl. cleaner sold by Frenchy Frigon, in the bbl and just scrubbing the bbl with a bore brush loosened the choke tube.

4. JGS

JGS Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to have to try soaking the barrel, probably overnight, and I'm concerned about harming the front sight, so I'm looking to see if anyone has any experience in this regard. Thanks again.

5. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Is this Jan ?

Try what JT 27 suggested...Then you won't have to worry about your front sight.

If this is Jan in SC, ask Ron Burdick for some help...He has worked some pretty good maginc over the years.

Dave in SC

6. JGS

JGS Member

Attention JT 27 and shotgunpeople. I followed your suggestion, put a cork in my Perazzi barrel and filled the barrel with enough Kroil to cover up the choke tube. I let it sit overnight, and the choke came out with no effort whatsoever this morning. Thanks you so much for your suggestion. The choke is a Wilkinson choke, and as you may know, he uses very fine threads and lots of them. I'm amazed that a liquid can perpetrate threads that small, but obviously it can. Thanks again.

7. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Great news !!!

Dave in SC