1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck choke tube info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by doc boc, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doc boc

doc boc Member

Some how despite routine care I had 2 stuck choke tubes. Any way after 24 hrs of soaking in Kroil and heating up the barrels I was able to get them out. I used several choke tube wrenches which I had to modify to get extra leverage, all while pressing down with all my weight.

While surfing the links for new/replacment wrenches I discovered that 100 straight has a very neet stuck choke tube remover gysmo. I ordered one figuring if I have one I'll never have a stuck tube again.

I posted this info or those of you who don't know about this item. also my buddy turned me on to anti seize. doc

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that only 200 people read this post.

Considering the number of stuck tube cries-for-help that show up on this board I expected more interest in what looks like a viable solution to the problem.

I guess the people who let one tube get stuck in a gun aren't careless enough to let it happen a second time.

Keller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.