1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stu Wright

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esoxhunter, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I just returned from a 2 week Christmas vacation to visit family and friends in Wisconsin. Upon my return to Arkansas I dropped off a couple of guns for Stu to refinish/repair. It's the first time I visited his shop; as the number of other times he performed work on my guns; I only had the opportunity to visit via email or on the phone. My wife and I visited Stu and his wife at his shop. He is a very knowledgeable and helpful gunsmith; to say the least. Most important; Stu and his wife are very nice people. I'm glad I made the trip. Ed

2. nicky

nicky Member

Bought chokes from them in the pass, your right nice people.

Kevin

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

At the 2002 Grand, I was shopping for choke tubes for my then fairly-new KX-5. I had stopped by five vendors' areas before Wright's and Stu was the first one to ask why I wanted to change. When we discussed that factor, I learned a tremendous amount about how a choke works and why two different chokes of the same constriction can pattern differently out of the same barrel.

I now only have one choke-tube barrel that doesn't have a Wright's choke in it - a Hastings high-rib 1100 trap barrel - and that's because Stu doesn't make chokes for it.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.