1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stu Wright and my Mod 12 Pigeon

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by striper, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

2 years ago I purchase an engraved mod 12 pigeon because it a beautiful piece of art to me. It is deeply engraved full on both sides. I got it on guns America. The gun was priced fairly with that engraved receiver and nice wood so I got it.
    I knew the gun would need some work but it was going to be long term project. I had read about Stu Wright from this site. I called him a few months ago and sent him the gun. It took him 2 months to rebuild that gun but WOW. For me this is my crown jewel. I am retired I have 2 mod 12 pigeons. I substitute teach to pay for my shooting hobby. Boys you got to really want to buy guns when you will subject yourself to hours of teaching loud disrespectful kids.LOL I used to be an art dealer and fine high grade guns are as beautiful to me as any canvas piece of fine art. No one could identify the engraver but Stu told me that during the 60s and 70s lots of guns were taken to Japan to be engraved because it was less expensive. He had seen a number of this style and that helped me out with the background and who did it. Stu did a fabulous job and I will try and post a few pics . He also verified from an internal exam of the receiver that it is in fact a real Pigeon grade.

2. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Some pics would be great. Did he give you any tips on how to spot a real pigeon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.