1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

STS & Winchester 209 Primer Sold

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dustoff, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

A friend without a computer is hanging up his vest. He has 2000 Winchester and 1000 Remington STS 209 primers that I will be selling for him. I know these are in short supply, but don't know their value. Any thoughts, if so pls. send me a pm. Thanks!

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

At CAC (URL above) Winchester are $29.60/thousand. Remington has raised their price to $42.92 and most reloaders I know won't pay that price. You'll have to sell face to face since you'd have to pay the Hazardous Shipping fee to ship them, and it would not be worth it for that few.

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I got Winchesters, the last time they were available for $38 a 1000. Recently Cabelas had some Remingtons in stock that they had for sale at $60 a 1000, which is probably why they still had some. It depends on how desparetely people need primers. $35-$40 per 1000 would probably be a fair going price, at the moment. Mark

4. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Why don't you ask him what he paid for them and go from there? I am sure he didn't intend to retire on his investment of 3,000 primers. It would seem that passing along some primers to one of his or your buddies would be more valuable than a couple bucks that you might make by pricing them according to current demand.

But if you really need help, just look at Gamaliel's website for their current primer pricing.

http://www.gamaliel.com/prodcat/209-shotgun-primers.asp

5. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

Cac does not have any Winchester primers in stock.

6. bossbasl

bossbasl Active Member

Last bought Winchester 209's this Spring for $130/5K.

7. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I recently bought a case of W209 primers for $130/5000. I had to pay $150 for the case of the Win Large Pistol primers. I wish I bought two, because now they will only sell them 1000 at a time.

8. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Last Winchester 209's I bot 2 months ago were $28.50, which included tax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.