1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

STS wet hulls

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cole-mitchell, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

My STS hulls are rather wet from the downpour we had today at my home club. I probably wont realod for another week, should I still immediatly dry them? What is the best way?

2. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

All I did was turn them upside down on a towel and over a day they were dry. If you have a place to put them in the sun that will help.

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

The only real problem will be the primers...they can rust in place and be very difficult to remove. The plastic case and the brass shell head are no problem.

4. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

You guys are making this way too complicated. Throw the shells into a knit bag and toss into your electric clothes dryer with the rest of your laundry. Turn it on and walk away.

No need to remove the primer. Go through the complete cycle. Your shells, and the rest of your laundry, will come out dry, clean with bright brass. Free. Been doing this for years. Who wants shells all over the driveway? Let the Maytag do it for free.

5. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

LOL

Dirty shells with water, powder residue and lead residue on them, in the dryer with the rest of your clothes?

And we're making it complicated?

Wonder what the lead content in your clothes is...???

I think punching out the primers and letting them sit for a few days is pretty simplistic and effective. (And Safe too)

6. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Dryer is the way works great and no lead residue, if washed first. Richard

7. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Dryer reminds me of hearing how people wash there boresnakes in the dishwasher now talk about unwanted lead with your bowl of cereal in the morning! Jon

8. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Been washing and drying in the Maytag for years.

Some people here like to run their shells through the reloader, haul them outside, bend over and carefully stand each up in the drive way. Brass up, or down? LOL Blocking it. Ignore the neighbor's questioning looks and then some time latter (perhaps in the night) bend over, pick each up and run them through the reloader again. Those that fell over have to be repositioned and picked up the next day. Or...

Put them in a bag and toss them in the Maytag. Free, no extra labor.

BTW, the dirt goes down the drain. If not, fix your washer.

But, if you do not know how to clean clothes, stand 'em up on your driveway!