1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

STS Shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hinkton, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

How good is STS shot? Thanks Hank

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

When we could get it here in Oregon it was as good as it gets. I have no idea if it is the same stuff they load in STS shot shells or not but STS shotshells have very good shot in them. All you can do is buy a bag. Mic the shot to make sure it is the proper size, drop a charge of it and weigh it to see if it is as hard as it should be. The STS shot we used to get would weigh in at about 1 1/16 through the MEC bar so it was good, hard shot. Jeff

3. ink ball

ink ball Member

As far as I'm concerned, its about the best there is as far as target shot goes. As mentioned, it weights up a little light, indicating a fairly high hardner content. It even says "6 percent Antimony" right on the bag. STS and West Coast are my two favorites to use.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

The last time I could get either Winchester or Remington shot, it came in a canvas bag.

Pat Ireland

5. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Just bought some STS shot at the Michigan State Shoot. $22.95/bag. Good stuff.

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Was it in a canvas bag? Jeff

7. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

No, woven plastic.

8. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I still have some #7 STS that I got from Precision Reloading a few years ago, and use it in Monster loads for the "games." Most perfect shot I've seen.......looks like little grey ball bearings! Simply Smashing!

AndyH ;-)

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Good stuff if you can get it.

10. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Just saw it reappear at PG Trap and Skeet in Maryland recently...haven't seen it in years. Still working off the West Coast that I have, but I will give the STS a shot next time I buy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.