1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

sts reloading

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 6878mm, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6878mm

6878mm Member

What are Remington STS in 28 and 410 like for reloading,
    IE how do they compare to winchester??

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The STS 28's do not last very long. For competition the STS 410's are preferred because you can fit more shot in them. HMB

3. TheGentleman

TheGentleman TS Member

The 28 ga. STS's vary in length therefore the crimps are a bit erratic. They do not last as long, I am only getting 4 loads and have to cull out 10-15% due to extreme splitting or missing plastic from the crimp, as the old WAA, which were awesome. The 410 are really good to work with, much more so than the 28's.

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

6878mm all the gentlemen on this site repeatedly say that STS hulls in 28 do not last and they may be correct. However I have loaded both extensively and I would much rather load STS.

AS far as 410 is concerned I have two very large containers of the old style AA hulls one container has black lettering on them and one has silver or white (which ever you choose to call it)The Black are one length and the silver are a different length. I am not talking a 1/2" different I am talking like 1/8" different it really screws up the crimps and the finished length.

Bob Lawless

5. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

ivanhoe, check the length of those AAs against the spec and against the length of chamber in your shotgun. they are too long in my citori special skeet.

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Gary Waalkes The black lettered AA 410 hulls are fine the white/silver will not even go under the wad holder on my loader never mind fit in the chambers in my gun. LOL

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.